keeping boat in france regulations

banana

Visit site
got a berth in france. does anyone know what the regulationa are cocerning this or indeed if there are any. thanks

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
for a uk registered boat, there aren't too many regulations.

However, if the police or customs come asking for the boat papers, they will want to see ORIGINALS of registration document and insurance certificate. I think that's about it.

In France, for french-reg boats, there are (easy) requirements for qualifications, which mainly comprises being able to berth and knowing a few lights - an ICC qualification would be about the same. Technically, it ain't required cos you are uk registered, but it's a good idea if you plan for the boat to stay "resident" in france rather than just visit x-channel now and again, and i'd do that - you get a multilingual piece of paper that say you know how to skipper a boat.

Note that customs and gendarmes can levy on the spot fines for not having original docs on board - my fine was 1000 FF = 100quid.

<hr width=100% size=1>

banana

Visit site
thanks for that. looks like i'll be going french then. for less than a third of what i pay at the moment!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Captain_Chaos

Visit site
As a matter of interest, where is the berth and how long were you on a waiting list?
I looked at moving to France (Brest and La Rochelle) but was told the waiting list was years.

<hr width=100% size=1>74.56% of all statistics are made up.