Just plain stupid

penfold

Visit site
Looks okay to me, but then I'm not an OOW.

A1alQpC5.jpg

penfold

Visit site
Ok so he hasn't followed TSS rules to the letter, but given how little traffic there is his actions are hardly likely to confuse anyone or result in a near-miss.

ferrymaniom

Visit site
I think he should have followed the TSS, irrespective of the amount of traffic around. Looking at his track when he rounded Hartland Point he couldn't have known what the traffic would have been like by the time he got down there.

I work for a ship management company and if one of our vessels had done this then backsides would have been kicked. Severely kicked.

PilotWolf

Visit site
Seen some pretty poor seamanship from the Grey Funnel line in recent weeks - including one incident involving a live (army) range and no communication with the range, range guard vessels or the CG!

PW

wadget

Visit site
It's a good story, but a depressing one nontheless. A captain gets drunk, assaults an officer, falls asleep on the birdge and finally runs his ship aground.

http://www.maib.gov.uk/cms_resources.cfm?file=/KarinSchepersReportWeb.pdf

Following on from the earlier report concerning the grounding the 'K Wave', it just isn't funny at all.

Both incidents are truly ridiculous.

However its inevitable really with the ever increasing use of flags of convenience and foreign crews.

jugilfold

www.zimbio.com
Im afraid of living in a country full of people of low intelligence, it really scares me that these people are going to vote in the election, if they even get their lazy assess up to do it.

Mercado

N/A
Visit site
oh , that's a good story , ya bit depressing but one should not take it too closely , well they all were enough lucky that ship do not met any high tide and also they all got a chance to run on to the sand and save their lives, otherwise the situation could have been more worse.