Just needs putting back together.

PuffTheMagicDragon

Visit site
Just identify all the parts - including the missing ones - and wait patiently for a sunny day before you get down to putting it all together! :encouragement:

TC Tuckton

Visit site
I hate to say it but my experience is one hour of disassembling equals one month of reassembling... Of course this could simply reflect my general ineptitude.

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
That reminds me of when I was a boy. My dad had a Viva van, and the engine was knackered, so we took the complete engine for a re bore and crankshaft re grind.

It came back as a box of bits like that. It was "fun" putting it back together, having not taken it apart ourselves, but we did it, and the van ran for another 2 years before the tin worm finished it off.

bikedaft

Visit site
First time i heard my dad swear was when the cardboard with the 8 valves from a renault 4 engine fell to the floor and mixed them all up

Robert Wilson

Second Coast, Ross-shire, overlooking Gruinard Bay
Visit site
That reminds me of when I was a boy. My dad had a Viva van, and the engine was knackered, so we took the complete engine for a re bore and crankshaft re grind.

It came back as a box of bits like that. It was "fun" putting it back together, having not taken it apart ourselves, but we did it, and the van ran for another 2 years before the tin worm finished it off.

Told to me by my daughter - so it must be true! :-

Friend of hers manages a car-hire depot. Bloke picked-up a brand-new small Renault on Friday night, brought it back Monday morning, said t'ra to staff and walked away.
Mechanic servicing the car later that morning found an old crap engine under the bonnet in place of the new shiny one.
"The bloke" had given a false address and driving licence details................

bikedaft

Visit site
Told to me by my daughter - so it must be true! :-

Friend of hers manages a car-hire depot. Bloke picked-up a brand-new small Renault on Friday night, brought it back Monday morning, said t'ra to staff and walked away.
Mechanic servicing the car later that morning found an old crap engine under the bonnet in place of the new shiny one.
"The bloke" had given a false address and driving licence details................

Brilliant ☺

Stemar

Visit site
I'll add another one. You get to the page for the job you want to do and see half a page of instructions. OK, that doesn't look too bad. Then you notice the first line is "First remove the [something horrendously complicated], see pp27-42"