Just Imagine

byron

RIP
Visit site
Just imagine the river owned and run by a private company where they had to satisfy customers whilst making a profit.

Heads would roll within the organisation with dead heads chucked out and competant people given their jobs. Waste of resources abolished, paperwork would be slashed, decisions made, changed or re-worked to suit situations all done instantly not after reviews by committees.

TrueBlue

Visit site
Dream On,

Ah, yes wouldn't it be wonderful....

But then would the "customers" bear the true cost of expenses plus profit?

To be pragmatic, one has to assume that the Gov't would weasel out paying the true cost of flood relief works.

How would "you" that the cost of public facilities such as loos, towpaths and the like could be recouped?.

It don't work the way it is,
and it won't work the way you'd like it.

Still if One doesn't have ideas and thoughts, nothing would ever happen.

Perhaps, perhaps in some distant age if a lot more folk could be tempted to use the River AND pay their way, then possibly, possibly, we might get something better..

Then, of course, I'm dreaming On.......

Beryl

Visit site
Well said Byron, I agree with you 100%. What I am a little surprised at, is the fact that so many unlicensed boats are kept on the river and that us honest people who use our boats are paying for river levels to be maintained, thus allowing unlicensed boats to benefit. It's about time a protest group was formed to put pressure on the EA to do more about these craft. Anyone interested in forming a group?

Best wishes

byron

RIP
Visit site
For a mere £50,000 a year I will sit 2 days a month on their 'board' and if given directorial controls will generate them £5 million a year by improving use of existing assets and finding extra income.
Work for free? Not on your Nellie.

Chris_d

Visit site
Do you think unlicensed boats are that big a problem? Ok if there are boats sneaking along out of hours and using the facilities etc... thats one thing, but unused boats sitting at the bottom of gardens or in marinas going nowhere are not really a problem are they? The EA would have to maintain levels whether there were boats or not, so our money should be going on facilities for boats.