just a thought

gonfishing

Visit site
if i was to purchase a boat in Windsor this weekend would it be possible to get from Windsor to say some where like Bristol by water rather than putting boat on trailer /low loader? could it be done and what route would i need to take? from Bristol to Swansea is the easy bit
look forward to the replies
julian

<hr width=100% size=1>

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
How big a boat? especially beam and draught and air draught?
could be possible via Thames to Reading then Kennet and Avon canal or much longer route Thames to Oxford then canals I think.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.boatsontheweb.com/galleryframes.html> BoatsOnTheWeb, Photo Gallery, Chat Room</A>

trev

Visit site
I believe you can get from the Thames to Bristol by water through the canal system, but no seaworthy motor cruiser could make the trip due to beam and air draft restrictions. What size boat are we talking about?
The alternative is the long haul around the coast - not a good time of year for this.
Why not stay on the Thames for a while - its well worth visiting the upper reaches.

<hr width=100% size=1>Trev

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Quite easy really. Down the coast. Bob round lands end and up to Swansea. I've been there a couple of times From Plymouth and back. By the way. What sort of boat are you thinking about??

<hr width=100% size=1>
ship_in_a_bottle_e0.gif
Haydn

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>From your earlier postings I suspect the sort of boat you are considering would not be suitable to go via the Canal system, it would be feasible by sea but would take you an age plus a day as the lightest of weather would restrict you.

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

neale

Visit site
The Kennet & Avon can take boats with a beam of up to 13ft 10in all the way from the Thames at Reading to Bristol, but the problem may be your air draft as the sources I have indicate a max of 7ft. This is due to a bridge at Newbury. There are iminent plans to raise this bridge. Call 01380 722859 for up to date info.

Or you could wait a few years and take the Thames and Severn Canal currently under restoration!!!

<hr width=100% size=1>