jersey boat show

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
was in jersey last weekend visiting the family and went and saw the boat show. Good morning out and free to get in. Went early enough on the sunday so that it wasn't busy getting on the boats.

jerseymay2011048.jpg

jerseymay2011047.jpg

jerseymay2011046.jpg

jerseymay2011044.jpg

jerseymay2011043.jpg

jerseymay2011051.jpg

jerseymay2011049.jpg

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
there were also a few boaty stalls selling all the usual stuff, plenty of nice food stalls and also (wouldn't be a boat show without one), a stall selling spa's !!
Also a royal navy ship there, which you could go onboard.
I think I read in the paper over there, that there was about 70 boats on display, although that probably did include the smaller ribs and trailer boats on display on the hard. We actually spent about 2 and half hours there in total, which is nearly as long as we spent at the london boat show about 3 years ago.

strakeryrius

chasing some sunshine - or a cold beer - or both
Visit site
I was in Jersey then too - they ran out of space in the main marina so we were turfed out and had to go around to the Elizabeth Marina. That's very sheltered in an Easterly, and we had a very nice berth on a pontoon that was like a Fairline showroom.

The show was fab - apart from some gorgeous boats there were live bands, the beer was cheap and the hog roast was very tasty. HMS Severn was on display - but very noisy onboard for some reason. We had a great time - shame the weather closed in at the end of Saturday.