Jaywalking the World

pks1702

Visit site
I have enjoyed watching the skill development of Stephen over the time of the video's. From seamanship to problem solving time spent 'doing' has meant 'Paynie' has now become pretty accomplished.

The trip from northern France to the Mediterranean is a trip many have mused so interesting to watch.

Thanks to the OP for the original link and look forward to the continued adventures.

Last edited:

Dino

Visit site
I’m up to Episode 76 and really enjoying it. I’m a big fan of real boaters on real everyday boats. Stephen is doing a great job of showing us how it can be done. Boating is an expensive hobby and a lot of what we see in MBY magazine is a bit too far from reality for my liking.
Keep up the good work Stephen.

Baggywrinkle

Ammersee, Bavaria / Adriatic & Free to roam Europe
Visit site
I haven't got to episode 25 yet but he bought a project 31 in an earlier episode....
@Greg2
Yes I'm sure you can travel with your wife and exceed the 90 days, ... but ....Ireland isnt in schengen I think so may have some sort of restrictions....

An Irish passport gives you freedom of movement in the EU, as Irish citizens are EU citizens - membership of the Schengen area is separate to EU membership. The U.K. used to be an EU member state but not in Schengen, and U.K. citizens used to have FoM. Ireland is an EU member state so its citizens still have FoM.

If a spouse has an Irish passport then the non-EU partner can travel with them without any Schengen area limits.

Your non-EU spouse and children's residence rights in the EU - Your Europe

The requirement to register in a country and follow all the FoM rules if the stay is longer than 3 months still applies, but as long as you can financially support yourselves as a couple without being a burden to the new EU country then there is no 90/180 rule at all.

harvey38

Visit site
An Irish passport gives you freedom of movement in the EU, as Irish citizens are EU citizens - membership of the Schengen area is separate to EU membership. The U.K. used to be an EU member state but not in Schengen, and U.K. citizens used to have FoM. Ireland is an EU member state so its citizens still have FoM.

If a spouse has an Irish passport then the non-EU partner can travel with them without any Schengen area limits.

The requirement to register in a country and follow all the FoM rules if the stay is longer than 3 months still applies, but as long as you can financially support yourselves as a couple without being a burden to the new EU country then there is no 90/180 rule at all.
Just as well I married an Irish lass then 👍🇮🇪

Greg2

Visit site

Interesting but unless I am missing something it seems to relate to joking your EU citizen spouse and having had a quick scan it isn‘t to me that it applies to the two of us, normally resident in the U.K., travelling together within the EU. As I say, I may be missing something.

billskip

Visit site
Interesting but unless I am missing something it seems to relate to joking your EU citizen spouse and having had a quick scan it isn‘t to me that it applies to the two of us, normally resident in the U.K., travelling together within the EU. As I say, I may be missing something.
From what I understand is a UK or any other third world person can travel Europe unlimited if they are in a partnership with a EU passport holder
, subject to the rules as Baggywrinkle says. However if your partner leaves you there and returns to UK (or wherever) outside the EU you will revert back to the 90 day limit

Momac

Visit site
I recently came across an interesting YouTube channel called Jaywalking the World. https://youtube.com/@JaywalkingTheWorld?si=TMQgcQATJQVa72j5
The channel is run by Stephen Payne, a photographer and filmmaker. He’s originally British but lived in the US for many years. Stephen bought a Birchwood TS37 in Bray on the Thames and he is now on the Mediterranean after a very interesting cruise through France on its canals and Rivers Saone and Rhone.
I started on Episode 25 and I’m on 52 now.
It’s a really interesting travelogue of a guy heading off to the Med in a normal boat. I’m hoping to do the trip myself some day.
Thank you for posting this
I can't say I have watched every episode but the overall impression is probably much as it would be in reality and not dressed up to show just the good bits and not over dramatised when faults occur.
There is a remark in one episode (can't recall which episode) about the UK leaving the EU.
I have read elsewhere that due to the 90 day rule France and Spain may be missing the economic benefits brought by the British. It may therefore become easier to stay longer in the not too distant future.