Isle of Wight Slip Ways

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Hello

We are taking our 4.5 m Rib with a 60 hp on the back to the Isle of wight in July. We have been successful in securing a marina on the River Madina to leave it at for the week. It is on a trailer and will be towed with a Ford Mondeo. The Marina we are leaving it at does not have any put in a get out facilities. We have looked on the net at slips on or near to the River Medina but wondered if anyone with local knowledge knows of a decent slip that is perhaps free or a reasonable charge to put the boat in and out.

Thanks

dj43

Visit site
Hello

We are taking our 4.5 m Rib with a 60 hp on the back to the Isle of wight in July. We have been successful in securing a marina on the River Madina to leave it at for the week. It is on a trailer and will be towed with a Ford Mondeo. The Marina we are leaving it at does not have any put in a get out facilities. We have looked on the net at slips on or near to the River Medina but wondered if anyone with local knowledge knows of a decent slip that is perhaps free or a reasonable charge to put the boat in and out.

Thanks
There is one in Newport on the key next to car park its tidal, public so free, there's also one in east cowes next to red funnel ferry, narrow but ok used both , one at the folly pub, what marina are you staying in

Last edited:

ashtead

Visit site
I assume you plus car and trailer are crossing by either Wightlink or red funnel- if travelling by wightlink to fishbourne had you thought of putting rib in water there and then ribbing to east cowes marina,Shepard’s or yacht haven etc. There always seems to be dinghies launching from the slip next to wightlink ferry terminal -might belong to royal vic yacht club in case of interest.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
I saw 3 slips around cowes when walking there the other day. But.. the folly one has the most space and accessibility in my opinion.

I fancy the Folly also. I cant seem to find that on google maps though for some reason

Bigplumbs

Visit site
There is one in Newport on the key next to car park its tidal, public so free, there's also one in east cowes next to red funnel ferry, narrow but ok used both , one at the folly pub, what marina are you staying in

We are staying in East Cowes Marina. Seemed lovely people and very efficient

Rappey

Visit site
Here is a public one , where the red pin is

Attachments

• 1623826265222-921433242.jpg
    1623826265222-921433242.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 1623826390047722239890.jpg
    1623826390047722239890.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 9

ashtead

Visit site
East cowes marina is very good-Mike is helpful and has convenience of local Waitrose plus lifeboat pub and a large field/football pitch for dog walking. Also doesn’t suffer ferry wash and noise from red funnel as does shepherds at cowes or bouncy conditions in rougher weather. Downsides of east cowes are unreliability of chain ferry (maybe that will improve with removal of councillor Dave and his ineffectual resolution of problems ) and price and frequency of water taxis plus lack of eating places if dining out. Advantages are safer environment ( few sun sail /fair view boats and noise) nicer views and calmer environment plus better shower block etc. Also easier to get to ryde etc by car/Uber etc and you can visit Osborne house etc.