Is there any hope

AIDY

www.ybw.com
looks okay to me, could be a bit damp in the morning....

inshore forecast is giving.

Wind Variable (means no clue) 3 or 4, becoming southwesterly 4 or 5.
Sea state Slight.
Weather Fog patches for a time, thundery rain later.
Visibility Moderate or good, occasionally very poor for a time.

wind starts to build on sunday night monday morning up to a 7

B175Chris

Visit site
I just need the weather to be not raining between Southampton and the IoW from about 9 til 5ish /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I figure that if I can get enough people to tell me it's going to be good weather then an act of god will surely occur, and it will be /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

B175Chris

Visit site
Oh no don't get me wrong, I'd be very happy if it was rough, i love a challenge, I just dont want to be drowning and sitting in my waterproofs, I do like the sun to make the occasion /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

B175Chris

Visit site
Indeed it is, I believe it's a Portofino 375, at least it was when it was booked ages ago anyway /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I hope it's good, I'm looking forward to it!

Seadee

Visit site
Who cares - been out fishing today off Felixstowe. At 6am it was F3 or so easterly and despite a bit of F4 ish beam on about 8.30am it was gorgeous. Interesting with my MF805 in a following sea back in at 12pm. Tide and swell rolling westwards, me travelling with it. Nice to save some fuel but didn't give much chance of nodding off !! Bit of sun, bit of fish, bit of wind (!) and excellent company to boot (thanks Dave). Bearing in mind that the inshore forecast at 5.30am was SE 4 or 5 it was a cracker. Met office strikes again ... or has that thread been done to death !!

Mange tout

CD

capnsensible

Visit site
Rough is not wonderful. Rough is what happens between 2 nice bits. It's when things on boats get broken and customers/students get whingey and vomit all over the place.
Give me nice every time!!

B175Chris

Visit site
Haha, definitely! And I've been out today to buy a new card reader, so I can finally get my holiday boat pics off the camera, I'll get that sorted out on monday /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

STEVEDUNSTABLE

sites.google.com
went from hamble to beaulie n back last monday.(bankholl) so shouldve known better! all the way there at 4.5kts. had spray right over the top nav lights on my s24. BUT returned at 20kts & surfin. magic. we just went up n down but the rag n sticks were stuck at 45degrees. but i have to agree freshly ironed sea is rare but FANTASTIC

makkers

www.makkers.com
Yep, was there with you went from Soton to Cowes shared the spray!

Somehow managed to kill 1 x bilge float switch, 1 x alternator and 1 x rev counter.

Had desires to get to Yarmouth, well that didn't happen and had to retire to the folly.

Frontier

Visit site
It will be fine as we have just got back from two weeks sitting in Southsea. Only good days where when we had to go home for a couple of days for SWMBO to have some laser eye surgery. (oh and today was gorgeous just so we got all hot packing and cleaning /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

So now we are gone it will be fine /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

l'escargot

Visit site
Well it was a bit lumpy and misty out there this morning - where did that easterly come from? - with a lot of tide running. Was nice later when the sun burnt through. Look out for us in Salia on your way back, should be heading out from Cowes over to the Brambles mid afternoon - might even break a rule and wave at a Sunseeker if we see you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

B175Chris

Visit site
I expect to take quite a lot of pictures if the opportunity arises, and I'l look out for you in Salia - we should be heading back from the Isle of Wight at about 2:30 I believe, maybe earlier - hopefully the weather will suddenly become brilliant! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

B175Chris

Visit site
Well, a bit of a disappointment I'm afraid - we got to Ocean Village, they took the covers etc off the boat and found a load of water in the engine compartment as the bilge pump never turned on for some reason - it's being lifted out as the water was coming in through the propeller (heard of that problem before) so it's apparently going to cost them 4 grand to restore the engine /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Ah well, it can be easily rescheduled - I'm off to go and see Hellboy, and I may have to book a demo at SIBS to make up for this /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hope Lescargot isn't drowning en route back to Southampton, the weather's crap, maybe today was a blesing in disguise /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif