is 50 to old for a change in life

dt1

Visit site
as above \\cant sail ,,but have day skipper,,, power,,,what would you do house sold l plenty off income from rentals abroad .should i,,,

Visit site
Why are you p!ssing around on here ? Get on with it, but don't forget to enjoy it. Do you remember when everything was fun, fun, fun ? Well it may be coming back into fashion /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dt1

Visit site
no one is pissing around,,,, this is a life changing decision im just after folks views,,noharm inended

dave

LeytonC

Visit site
Re: is 50 to old for a change in life

There is only one time to late, and thats the day after your own funeral! so get out and do it - do it now if thats what you want to do!

ccscott49

Visit site
If you have to ask, then yes it is!
For goodness sake, just get on with it, our opinions on something like this are worthless, we dont know you personally, ask your friends if you must ask somebody, jeeze!

Lakesailor

Visit site
Judging by your rather prickly replies I would suggest a major life change which encompasses a more relaxed and less stressed existence.

Behind the forceful language is sensible advice. You may not be a soft twat, or be pissing about, but concentrate on the message.

Chill out. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

duncan

Visit site
you are getting opinions - however as you are going to get them from people who have, or people who would love to be in the financial or relationship position to be able to, you are likely to get one opinion stated over and over again

GET ON WITH IT WHILE YOU CAN

Solitaire

Visit site
No! I did it. Gave up after being in the advertising business after 30 years and now work on the water full time. Well, almost! The school is so busy that I end up doing admin work and something to do with marketing (the school) which seems to interfere with being on the water. Saying that, I'm out on a charter today and tomorrow, and two days next week. As I say to clients when it's a nice sunny day - "welcome to my office! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif" Mind you I say that when it cold and raining too!

Do I regret the lower income? I think SWMBO does, but then life is not a rehearsal! No point in looking back in your dotage saying - "if only!" Let's face it, youth is wasted on the young so [--word removed--] 'em. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. My 17 year old daughter thinks I've totally lost it and that I act younger than her mates - jolly good, I'm doing something right.

1peejay2

Visit site
Re: is 50 to old for a change in life

Hi! I can't tell you what is right or wrong for you but... At age 74 we bought our very first boat ever, taking delivery in January of 2006 and have not regretted one single moment.

Go for it - you're as young (or old!) as you feel.

Good luck.

Dave_Snelson

www.makeyourowngarments.com
Talking of people in their 80's...

Years ago, I lived out in the sticks in Lancashire near a geat moorland pub called the Shepherd's Rest. Every November near to Bonfire Night, the landlord would host a fell race and runners would come from far and wide to take part. I was one of them (a mid-fielder by the way).

An old chap turned up every year to compete and although he looked elderly, he would enter the veterans section for over 50's and at the BANG! of the local farmer's shotgun all 300 (ish) of us would tear off up the hills and moors.

After 6.5 miles and 1350ft of hill climb, the old chap would finish somewhere near the back third.

When I looked at the finishers board positions I saw that he was 83!

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
"My 17 year old daughter thinks I've totally lost it and that I act younger than her mates - jolly good, I'm doing something right. "

Funny that - thats what my kids say as well! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Boardsnowboarder

Visit site
My first real mobo experience was on a charter in Tenerife last year. The book I took was "In Praise of Slow" by Carl Honore.
They are three days I will never forget.
I'm 30 and I don't want to get to 50 regretting not having made the decision earlier.

My house is on the market to down size to buy a proper boat, but at the moment I'm learning to sail at a local lake.
I have no money in my bank, earn half what I used but the happiest I've ever been.

The book won't change your life if you don't want it to. But if you are at that crossroads it will help give you perspective.

I realise this is a very cheesy, soppy post. Sorry - but see if I care.