Ionian advice

SarahJ

Visit site
Planning a week in Ionian starting near Nidri on 4 October and a couple of questions for those in the know please. Not been in Fiscardo for a long time. To park on the quay what are options? Is there much room in Kastos harbour usually, boat draws 1.9 metres.?
Also Sivota, are there laid moorings along the quay on left and right in places and what is best option for parking?
We do sail in this area but usually anchor lots in bays. This time would like quayside a bit more for guests. Am familiar with Kioni and Vathi berthing on Ithaca but not recently in Fiscardo, Kastos or Sivota.
Thanks for any input. Let's hope it's not too wet.

nickf

Visit site
Fiscardo quays are ok for 1.9m (which is what I draw). East of Captains Cabin is shallow so don't go there. It is not your depth which will be the constraint but available space. If you want to be sure of a space get there before midday. Kastos similar - no problem with depth its getting a space. Sivota - only lazy lines are on Stavros pontoon on the North west side ( free but you need to eat at his taverna which is no hardship or the yacht club on the N.East side who will charge 10 euros or so. Otherwise just moor stern to on your own anchor on the west quay or anchor off free swinging. Week beginning 4 October will be quieter than high season but can still be busy if flotillas choose the same destination as you. Almost bound to be at least one in Fiscardo. Have a look at this video link to get an idea of Fiscardo. http://www.ionianislandholidays.com/island-info.php

rigman

Visit site
Observation. What has this to do with living aboard? We should change this forums name to holidays in the Ionian and extended summer vacations methinks.

SarahJ

Visit site
Thanks. That's very helpful. We'll try Fiscardo early in the day and hope for a spot. I know we could moor on North with lines ashore but one of the crew is recovering from a broken ankle!!

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Sivota , west quay.
depending if you go stern or bow to, if can get very shallow In places , if your rudder is also 1.9 you could easily touch, our rudder draws just 2mts and we have to keep well off the quay around Yannis bar.
Also if you anchor in the middle remember their a large mooring chain, many have been caught by it .
Oct is one of the best time to sail in these parts.

Silverado

Waterford, Ireland, boat's in Preveza, Greece
Visit site
In Sivota on Levkada there are two pontoons with lazy lines. Stavros restaurant is one but you must obviously eat there to avail of it. Book in advance +30-2645031181.

The other is a pontoon by the Yacht Club Bar. This is paid for and costs between €15-25 euros per night, book in advance to +30-6943567260.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
In Sivota on Levkada there are two pontoons with lazy lines. Stavros restaurant is one but you must obviously eat there to avail of it. Book in advance +30-2645031181.

The other is a pontoon by the Yacht Club Bar. This is paid for and costs between €15-25 euros per night, book in advance to +30-6943567260.

Not sure why anyone want to pay , there romm to anchor and most of the quay is free .

Hardmy

Visit site
Not sure why anyone want to pay , there romm to anchor and most of the quay is free .

Such pontoon with lazy lines can be very useful for people like me: my windlass motor burned and I had to wait a couple of days for it to be reinstalled. Lifting the 85lbs Mantus by hand was not really an option, nor using the small Delta as an overnight anchor... Had to rely on places where alongside (Kalamos, Mytikas, Sami, Spartochori) was possible or lazy lines (Ay Eufemia, Vathy Meganisi and Syvota) available.

BTW vic, thank you very much for your Croatia site. It was very useful for us last year!

Visit site
In Sivota I always try to get on the quay immediatly on your left as you enter the main pool, there is a good bar there, wifi, good food etc, and a supermarket and laundry facilities. Stern or bow to.
I also swim off the end from the rocks, one my favourite places.

SarahJ

Visit site
Thanks for advice. Just finished sail trip and loved Fiscardo on Northern side with lines ashore just before Nicholas Taverna. View there of Fiscardo and down the channel was the best I have ever seen! Still lots of flotillas around but good winds and mostly sunny. You pay in Vathi on Ithaca now, just 5.58 euros for our 409 but water there was 15 euros which was very steep. 5 euros in Euphemia. Look forward to May 2016 and more of the same.
Storm incoming tonight though.
Thanks again for tips on Syvota.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
BTW vic, thank you very much for your Croatia site. It was very useful for us last year!
Your welcome, we are hoping to up date it next year and add a few more to it.
Some people have sent me updates this year, but we been too busy enjoying the season, hope to put the info on the site over the winter, so thanks to everyone who sent them to me.