interlocking mat flooring?

Anthony

Visit site
Hi, I am just renoavting an old 17' speedboat as a personal project, and trying to decide what best to put on the new plywood floor.

Traditionally these type of boats have a thin carpet of some kind, but that requires having it edged etc which inst cheap, and even then I am not conviced its the best solution.

I have come across this stuff:

Here!

Its seems reasonably priced and a great alternate solution, has anyone tried it on a boat or at work? I am just a little concerned as to how slippy it maybe when wet.

Thanks

Anthony

cliff

Visit site
I've had this on a boat before - great stuff and waterproof, non slip etc.
--------------------
hammer.thumb.gif
"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
sailroom <span style="color:red">The place to auction your previously loved boatie bits</span>

Lakesailor

Visit site
I had the same problem with my 15 ft day boat. Carpet is barmy as even with a cover on condensation wets the carpet and when I kneel to pump the remote tank bulb or re-fill the tank I end up with big wet patches on my knees. Also old carpet is near impossible to keep clean
I looked at the interlock stuff, but ended up in Focus one day and bought some self-adhesive tiles. 2 packs, about £15.

carpet_tiles1.jpg

carpet_tiles2.jpg

carpet_tiles3.jpg

cliff

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
We use dri-dek under matresses. Helps to stop condensation.

Donald

[/ QUOTE ]Now there is a thought - I must have around 100+ tiles kicking around the "shed" - must give it a try.
--------------------
hammer.thumb.gif
"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
sailroom <span style="color:red">The place to auction your previously loved boatie bits</span>