Improved way of informing Border force and HMRC when exiting and entering the UK

Visit site
Hello all,

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I can not remember reading about it.

Just off to the CI this weekend. Just noticed on the the HMRC the following link to submit all the details. - Tell Border Force and HMRC you are sailing to or from the UK in a pleasure craft. Just drafted my trip and saved to send later. All very easy. Can amend and update all on line. Also remembers all your details and all the trips. Seems a good approach

C1331 or e-C1331 are now only a secondary / backup method.

Regards

Chris

st599

Visit site
Doesn't work for me. There's no method of lodging a one way delivery trip, where you complete the other leg of the journey by ferry or plane.

Also, what is an AIS number?

Frogmogman

Visit site
Hello all,

Just off to the CI this weekend. Just noticed on the the HMRC the following link to submit all the details. - Tell Border Force and HMRC you are sailing to or from the UK in a pleasure craft. Just drafted my trip and saved to send later. All very easy. Can amend and update all on line. Also remembers all your details and all the trips. Seems a good approach

Regards

Chris

Thanks for posting that. I’m all registered now.

As above, also baffled by what an AIS number is supposed to be, so just plugged my MMSI in there as well. The site seemed to accept it.

DipperToo

Visit site
It also asks for MMSI though.
You might have 2 different MMSI numbers if you have a portable DSC radio perhaps? So that another vessel (if so equipped) wants to call you via DSC from AIS data, then yes, I would 'assume' that there needs to be a match between the transceiver and boat fixed radio station.
It can get tricky if shorthanded when a commercial vessel initiates a DSC call to the fixed radio below decks!

Frogmogman

Visit site
You might have 2 different MMSI numbers if you have a portable DSC radio perhaps? So that another vessel (if so equipped) wants to call you via DSC from AIS data, then yes, I would 'assume' that there needs to be a match between the transceiver and boat fixed radio station.
It can get tricky if shorthanded when a commercial vessel initiates a DSC call to the fixed radio below decks!

Don’t know what the rules are in the UK, but in France the boat is registered as a “station”, and all of the radio equipment (VHF, fixed and handheld, AIS, EPIRB etc) are registered to that station and all share the same MMSI. Even a handheld VHF must be registered to a station.

st599

Visit site
You could, but only within UK waters. Ofcom portable MMSI equipped handhelds can't legally be used outside the 12 mile limit.

Hermit

Visit site
Hello all,

Regards

Chris
But pretty sure you don't need it for the CI's:

If you’re travelling from Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man
You only need to show your documents if you’re stopped by a Border Force officer. They may ask to see proof of your:
  • identity
  • permission to come to the UK, Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man, if you need it - for example, a visa, biometric residence permit (BRP) or work permit
You do not have to use a passport, Irish passport card or identity card to prove your identity. You can use other documents instead - for example, a driving licence or armed forces identity card.
Find out more about travelling to the UK from Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man.

Supertramp

Visit site
You could, but only within UK waters. Ofcom portable MMSI equipped handhelds can't legally be used outside the 12 mile limit.
My handheld radio is set up with the same MMSI and call sign as the fixed radio. How would anyone know which radio is being used? I see the problem if you take and use the handheld off the boat in another boat or tender.

TiggerToo

Visit site
... so...

we are just back from our first CI experience.

The only headache was the concerns about formalities. I submitted the eC1331 by email. Both on the way out and before returning. I got an automated reply to resubmit the form when I had arrived in back in the UK. So I did this. Then I got a message (automated?) stating that I would have to wait for the Border Force to grant us permission to land (etc). So I contacted them by phone. They told me that as we came from the CI, such permission is not needed....

Anyhow. Great weather...

Elessar

Visit site
Doesn't work for me. There's no method of lodging a one way delivery trip, where you complete the other leg of the journey by ferry or plane.

Also, what is an AIS number?
They are all one way trips. You have to do two for a return.
I put the mmsi number in for the ais number.

Elessar

Visit site
Provided you fit in with the narrow range of trips it's set up for, otherwise useless.
what do you mean by “narrow range of trips?” - can’t see any voyage it can’t do. The estimate of arrival time will be a fairy story on many that’s all.

Elessar

Visit site
Hello all,

Regards

Chris
Thank for posting. My trip planned for Saturday is set up and ready to submit. ?

st599

Visit site
what do you mean by “narrow range of trips?” - can’t see any voyage it can’t do. The estimate of arrival time will be a fairy story on many that’s all.
There's no way for a delivery skipper to do a one way trip, or for a crew change whilst abroad, or to leave a boat somewhere and then bring it back later. All of which I've done this year.

It won't let you submit the form without exit and return legs.

Elessar

Visit site
There's no way for a delivery skipper to do a one way trip, or for a crew change whilst abroad, or to leave a boat somewhere and then bring it back later. All of which I've done this year.

It won't let you submit the form without exit and return legs.
It will! I’ve just submitted an exit. No other plans created or submitted.

The return leg can be from a different place, with different people , on a different boat or not done at all. Can’t see what else you want!!

————————/

Form submission on the Submit a Pleasure Craft Report service

Thank you for your form submission on the Submit a Pleasure Craft Report service.

The reference number for this submission is [ - 8< - ]

What happens next

This information has been passed on to Border Force for review.
If you need to plan a return journey, please submit a new form using the service.

If you need to make any changes to this submission, please log in to the service and navigate to “Manage your Voyage Plans” on the main dashboard. From here, you can edit or cancel existing submissions or continue with submissions you have in a draft state.