If it can fall overboard it will!

BlackPig

N/A
www.scottishensign.co.uk
How do you keep your tool on board? I recently did some work on the boat and dropped mu screwdriver overboard, the only posy driver I had, and had to stop the job. I thought what If that had been at sea.

I have noticed Tesco's tools have a hole at the end of most of them. I thought a lanyard to my wrist may work. But will it tangle? Have one or two lanyards that clip onto the tool would save a lot of tangling in the box.

Any other ideas out there.
Graham

CPD

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
How do you keep your tool on board?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never let go of it /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How do you keep your tool on board?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never let go of it /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Says Mr Tinkles
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

C

Chrusty1

Now then Graham, you should know better than to ask a question like that on these forums! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I did see a bit of a neat trick used by a boat fitter, he had a long bar magnet with holes in the end whereby he had lengths of line attached, he tied this to whatever boat he was working on and just kept his screwdrivers / spanners etc on the magnet.

Nope! I don't know where you find such a thing, and I know you were refering to your dropsy afliction, but I just thought I would mention it anyway, you could stick your screwdrivers etc. to your hands with superglue!!?? might make life difficult if you were caught short though /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wunja

Visit site
That sounds like a magnetic knife rack, so maybe a cookshop.

Alternatively, how about one (or more) of those retracting key belt clips, something like this
HA1911.jpg

CPD

Visit site
As every good minimalist sailor knows, everything carried on board should have at least two uses. What is the other for the device above ?

helixkimara

Visit site
A VERY useful trick I discovered when working on bridges over water.

Always carry 2 spanners. (open ended and ring on the other end)
Tie a string to the ring end of one.
Pass the string up your sleeve, around your back and down the other sleeve.
Tie this end to the ring of the other spanner.
Just like Children’s mittens.

If you drop one it just dangles off your hand.

Hint: Don’t take 2 spanners if you need a knife.

Or

Think about it. One hand for the boat, one hand for you and one hand for your tool!

BlackPig

N/A
www.scottishensign.co.uk
other use for device Clip it to a trip devise on you self steering in case you go overboard. I like the look of this neat and no cumbersome.

Yah dropsy guess what I do for a living..... juggle. Yes a jester on the jester.

Graham