Identify yourself

lockwood

www.craiglockwood.co.uk
I have been lurking around these forums for some time now and have got used to the personalities and writing styles of a lot of the regulars.

In my mind, I have an image of what certain people and there boats look like. Then I had the thought, why don't you all post a pic of yourselves on your beloved boats - just to prove how wrong my instincts are.

I'll start with me on the 'Conch'.

conch3.jpg

* Yes, I know the jib needs to be hosited a bit more!

SteveB_Sigma33

Visit site
I would identify myself if I had a picture of the boat and me sailing along!!!

Maybe we should all take our digital cameras out with us and zap away like Japanese tourists at other chaps and chapesses out on their boats. Then maybe everyone can get a picture of themselves at play.

Maybe we can turn it into Oooo you need to tweak that sail more forum!!

qsiv

Visit site
Thanks - did the image show for you - others have had difficulty.

As for me and mine - same old issues as two years ago, but the boys and yours truly are managing fine. Had fun at Cowes last year, and had a fun sail back across the Channel in February. 8 1/2 hours to Jersey seemed like quick going at the time - particularly in the dark and snow. In a bizarre way 8.5 knots of boatspeed in just 9 knots of breeze was just as satisfying last weekend.

Lakesailor

Visit site
Although this me, it's my tender so you still can't hunt me down. I tried the rig from the Heron I'm restoring but it was a bit too big. The (yellow) bow of my boat is on the left of the pic.

tendersail05.jpg

I'm not a fat bast ard. I've got a 'floatation device' on.

qsiv

Visit site
Been a bit hectic. Had a fun time at Cowes last year, then the boat was ashore at Hamble Yachts whilst a new main track was glued on to the rig (stronger). Brought her back on February 14th with a crowd aboard. One hour from the Squadron to Bridge was an OK start, then the wind freshened as we popped the light kite up, and speeds were immediately up around 12 to 15. Wind slackened mid channel, and we dropped to 9 or 10, and then freshened as darkness fell off Alderney. The tack fitting on the sprit failed at 18:30 (3:45 hours from Needles ..). At that stage we doing 20 knots. Unfortunately we could fix the tack in the dark (and with 20+ wind it was a bit busy). We carried on under single reefed main only to Jersey - wind freshened to 30, and boatspeed a pretty steady 17.5.

We were alongside in Jersey 10 hours after leaving the pontoon in Hamble.

DeeGee

Visit site
Ahhhh, luv showing piccys of boat, but got none sailing !

(Anyone ever spots me out and the genoa not flapping or such: please, please take a nice piccy)

[img src="http://www.pbase.com/image/42688920/large.jpg" ]