I propose

graham

Visit site
Good idea. I have done the Scuttlebut forum Cherbourg weekend 4 times now as crew on Big Nics boat. Im allways amazed how different people are in real life to the picture your mind builds up from reading the forums.

tonybarebones

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
A forumite meeting twice a year, one in Wales & one in England based on a vote of destination.....any comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like a good plan to me... I would like to propose that the Welsh event should be held at the B.C.Y.A. (Bristol Channel Yachting Association www.bristolchannel.co.uk) Rally, which takes place Friday 11 Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 July 2008, it is held in tandem with The Welsh Internation Food Fair, which is run by The Cardiff Bay Harbour Authority... (so there will be lots to do and see for all the family as well as a buffet and reception for those who register, to register, please contract: Susanne Newbold...
Mobile: 07774 654 589
Landline: 029 2063 1166 (Daytime)
E-mail: admin@baymarineinsurance.co.uk

graham

Visit site
Good idea again. Couple of pictures from last years BCYA event.
013.jpg

027.jpg

017-1.jpg

PCUK

Visit site
A good idea, but if it is held at an event then there is the problem of actually geting together away from the rest of the throng.
Why not do something specific. I know we tried the Lundy meet-up which didn't work but I think something along those lines would be better. Pick a bay and we all anchor there for a couple of days, cheap and quite cheerful I expect!

graham

Visit site
Last year the pontoon berths were a "special rate" to those that pre registered.BCYA represents all types of boating in the Channel,even stinkies /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The anchoring in a bay idea does have some appeal but I think its probably more practical to go somewhere with pontoon berths.Watchet would be fairly centtral in the Channel?

tonybarebones

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Are there moorings available for the BCYA do and are stinkies allowed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they're allowed (The B.C.Y.A. are currently looking for a motorboat representative... could that be you?) and the mooring is... well I can't say free cos The C.H.A. don't want to set a president but they are so heavily subsidised that you won’t know the difference. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

tonybarebones

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
That sounds grrrreat! Where are the pontoons situated and how do I register?
As for becoming BCYA rep', I'd need a lot more info' - salary, holidays etc. etc.
Only kidding, could be a possibility!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi here are the contact details for the B.C.Y.A. cruiser rally

Bristol Channel Yachting Association www.bristolchannel.co.uk Rally, which takes place Friday 11 Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 July 2008, it is held in tandem with The Welsh Internation Food Fair, which is run by The Cardiff Bay Harbour Authority... (so there will be lots to do and see for all the family as well as a buffet and reception for those who register, to register, please contract...

Susanne Newbold...
Mobile: 07774 654 589
Landline: 029 2063 1166 (Daytime)
E-mail: admin@baymarineinsurance.co.uk

Allan

Visit site
The BCYA rally last year was great fun. I managed to avoid being in any of the photos as I was moored at the end towards the Norwegian church. One of the stalls was selling barrels of beer which was some of the best stuff I have tasted for years, so part of the rally has gone from my memory!
Great weekend.
If a few people arrived early they may be able to save an area at one end for us lot.
Allan