Hustler mast

xhurleyman

Visit site
Good day all, could someone please tell me the full height measurement for a Hustler 25.5 Mast. Thanks. Not the 'I' measurement as that is to the top block or sheave but the mast length itself. Thanks

xhurleyman

Visit site
Hello Sandy, it's not for me but for a friend who wants an accurate measurement so if perhaps another 25.5 owner currently has their mast down and could measure it, that would be great. I imagine maybe that the person want to replace the mast.

William_H

Visit site
I would suggest that the only accurate way to find mast length is to measure it. It is quite conceivable that mast has been replaced at some stage with one different to original and then builder may have decided to vary mast height any way. Mast height is compromise between cost, performance in light weather versus convenience in strong winds and self righting ability. If he is concerned with air draft then he needs a reasonable margin for error and tidal variations while if he is replacing the mast then luff length of existing main and jib become a major concern. ol'will

Daydream believer

Visit site
There is a hustler 25.5 in Bradwell marina whose mast is due to be dropped some time this or next week i am told.
The boats name is Bacarat. It is at the farthest end of the marina from the gate & is on a wheeled trailer.
If no one at Bradwell is reading this & can measure it first, then I will get the dimension for you when I next visit

xhurleyman

Visit site
Daydream believer, yours is the most positive answer I have had so far. I would very much appreciate you measuring the mast for me as the person requesting the information lives a few thousand miles from Britain, speaking another language. Thank you in anticipation. Could you leave the answer as a Private message for me Xhurleyman, thanks, Kevin.

Daydream believer

Visit site
Daydream believer, yours is the most positive answer I have had so far. I would very much appreciate you measuring the mast for me as the person requesting the information lives a few thousand miles from Britain, speaking another language. Thank you in anticipation. Could you leave the answer as a Private message for me Xhurleyman, thanks, Kevin.

Sorry, Just read the post this afternoon, totally forgot today.
Will be there tomorrow. If I forget tomorrow just keep hassling me until I do it

Memory like a sieve
Sam Longley