Hurricane in the Solent tomorrow

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
Does anyone else have their doubts about OnlineWeather.com's sailing weather service?

I'm just glad I'm not anywhere near the Solent tomorrow - check out

<font size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.bluemoment.com>http://www.bluemoment.com</font size=1>

longjohnsadler

Visit site
Interesting combination of possible force 12 and sea state 'slight'.
Not just Onlineweather.com. I left Lough Swilly recently when Malin Head Radio Coastguard was announcing a 'small craft warning' (force 7 plus). As we left smoke would have been rising vertically, and wind never got above force 3. Sure the met office do a good job, but they're still guessing or generalising some of the time. Just keep your eye on the barometer...

<hr width=100% size=1>

Cornishman

Visit site
Interesting - the Met Office forecast for Central Southern England (that's where the Solent is, ain't it?) is for gentle southerly winds tomorrow. If that's Force 12 I wonder what Force a Met Office gale is?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Moose

Visit site
Somehow me thinks that this forecast is wrong/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>
moosewalk.gif

Moose

G

I don't know what geostrophic scale they use at Online weather but every time I look at them they seem to be over-estimating the wind strength by a factor of about 3.

<hr width=100% size=1>

tome

www.google.co.uk
Difficult to be precise, but sometime between 00:00 and 23:59. Hope you have nav lights on your lilo.

Regards
Tom

<hr width=100% size=1>

ecudc

Visit site
Its because they keep getting told off for getting it wrong by theme parks. They are now going for the mystic meg approach......"The winner of the national lottery will be a man, or maybe a woman. They will be aged between 16 and 89 and they will have blond hair on perhaps brown" ooooooh.

<hr width=100% size=1>