How to lose loadsamoney

EME

www.lumishore.com
...without buying a boat. Part 2.

The broker has admitted that he can not get the original Bill of Sale on my proposed purchase. That means no registration. That means no boat. Finally pulled out today.

True story about ownership may never emerge.

€2000 plus a shilling down the drain..

Sulks off into the stratosphere, kicking gold soccer boot, for sympathy from ecstatic wife... ( Ooh good we can go looking again)..SWMBO does n ot realise €2000, down swanee....

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=blue>I am WHAT I say I am</font color=blue>

wakeup

Visit site
What a pi$$er

though better to loose €2000 than €200,000 on a dodgy boat purchase. Why not buy something new for less and be sure you know what you're getting, how about nice new portofino 35???

<hr width=100% size=1>

MedDreamer

Visit site
Really sorry to hear this.

The saga of your attempts to purchase your boat have entertained a lot of us on here but you must be gutted.

Is it my memory playing tricks or did a certain member of this forum, on an earlier thread, not say that in light of the problems you were having you should not buy the boat and that he would let you off the shilling?

If the man has any compassion at all he should remember this offer - at least you would only be a straight 2 grand down then

Best of luck with the next one - buy in the UK?

<hr width=100% size=1>Martyn

jfm

Visit site
How to lose a little money but save loads

Sorry to hear that Learner. But you did the right thing, there was probly a reason they couldn't prove title.... you wd have lost more than 2k if you bort it and the real owner turned up.

Hey what about the ss55 on reliable old <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.essexboatyards.co.uk>http://www.essexboatyards.co.uk</A>. Looks a beaut (I posted a pic here but took it off becos made page all wide). Would easily truck to SofF.

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
genuinely sorry to hear that mate
have you any case to make for suing for lost money???

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>Ok brain let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.</font color=red>

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Much better to walk away than buy a dog, Learner, but commiserations all the same. Just think of these endless Spring days tramping around boatyards instead of diy/mowing the lawn

<hr width=100% size=1>

EME

www.lumishore.com
Martyn

Thanks. I should really have pulled the plug earlier, the stuff that came out early Januray was uglierthan I actually posted here ...

Of course if you mean Cutysqualid any chance of hem leting me off shilling is non-existent particularly I have now acquired 1917 one recognissing year of his birth /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

tcm

Visit site
oh dear. Mrs L must be heartbroken.

I trust that the despicable accusations about her breaking into some riviera brokerage late at night and shredding all the docs have been found completely groundless?

EME

www.lumishore.com
M
Thanks. Will try but won't incur legal expense as chance of recovering from greasy MC-based eyetie pretty low !!!

Legally is probably caveat emptor anyway.

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
Really sorry to hear it, like everyone else.

At the risk of turning this into the name and shame forum, I expect anyone looking for a Sunseeker in the SoF would be interested to know the name of The Boat With No Legal Title, and the broker who is prepared, nevertheless, to try and sell it? Though I guess the broker may be as pee'd off as you.....

<hr width=100% size=1>

EME

www.lumishore.com
...Uterrly groundless. She would never do that herself.

However I may still find out that I am further €2000 worse off cos Mrs L paid someone to break into the boat yard
Thought - how many SoF brokers will go into hiding again . Her infamous line ' So, where do the engines go?'

tcm

Visit site
Re: €2000 for shredding

I wonder who on earth could have done that? It seems very expensive. But probly bout half an hour's drive, half an hour to find + shred the stuff, and another half hour back, thats an hour and a half, so bout €2000 or £1350 means about er £900 an hour - the correct rate for the job, i beleive. Note that there might be disbursements for erm photocopying some things, and shredding them as well.

<hr width=100% size=1>

EME

www.lumishore.com
Re: €2000 for shredding

Well it's a little cheapert han you're usual rate.
I was led to believe you don't get out of bed for less than £1000 per hour. But I guess you gave her 10% discount so you could see me wince...

coliholic

Visit site
Steve, really sorry to hear that the deals dead and buried, but as you say it's been going on so long, something's dodgy somewhere and the risks in buying it are too horrendous to contmeplate.

However re my shilling, well there's an old saying about not kicking a man when he's down and it would of course be the "right thing" to let him off. But I'm not that charitable and to my mind the best time to kick Learner is anytime at all really, up or down. And as for the insult about my year of birth, here's a piccie of one actually from the right year.

1899shillingrev.jpg

<hr width=100% size=1>

EME

www.lumishore.com
Brian

€ symbol on my portable is the 'Alt GR' key and number 4 key at same time...

My home PC doesn't have it though ..