How to keep your deck gleaming white?

JFowler

Visit site
On our previous boat we used cream cleaner (sif or similar), diluted with lots of water to remove ground in dirt from deck and coachroof. This worked very well, leaving the boat gleaming white, but slightly abraded the gel coat & removed the shine.
Does anyone have a cleaning method that removes ground in dirt, but doesn't take the gloss off the gel coat?

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Most of the oxalic-acid based products will do this well. Many people here make up their own from the raw ingredient but I find that commercial products containing it, such as Boatlife, last me so long and presumably contain other ingredients, that I don't see the point. The amount of effort involved in using it is very small compared with scrubbing with detergents and it appears to have minimal dulling effect.

Bav34

Visit site
Sadly, that site hasn't worked for several weeks and they don't answer e-mails. I wanted some polish but have gone elsewhere.

alec

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
a spray-on degreaser called Elbow Grease. If you pay more than £1 a b ottle you're being ripped off

[/ QUOTE ]

I would second 'Elbow Grease'. Probably the best and cheapest product I have found in years. It even gets black smoke off the hull near the exhaust.

Have to admit that I pay the outrageous price of £1.25.

Razorfish

Visit site
Bio washing powder

I have been using a biological washing powder made up in a bucket and then liberally sloshed around and then scrubbed with the deck brush and hosed off.

Works a treat - my whites are whiter than white!

Noticed that the latest low temp powders work even better.

Gezzer

Visit site
Re: Bio washing powder

Bio Washing powder sounds like a good idea, I will give that a try myself.

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif