How to find the fair value for a surplus outboard?

Stingo

Visit site
I've searched Fakepoo but found nothing comparable in power and age.

I should probably be asking this on a Portuguese based forum seeing as I am in the land of grilled chicken with hot sauce. Alas, my Portuguese is far too basic to achieve anything other than "another beer, please."

Can anyone suggest a non-UK site where I could try get a realistic value, please?

Last edited:

Refueler

Visit site
No it isn't.
The long shaft version has a 5" extension between the gearcase and the driveshaft housing.

I was always thinking that two lengths were available on O/Bd's - until chatting with a Service guy who was shortening my Evinrude 18 .... he asked if I wanted normal LONG or short ... I was surprised as I bought the engine originally as a long thinking it was normal ... according to service guy - extra long is available ... but not often seen. That Evinrude I had was extra long ....

RupertW

Visit site
https://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/boat-engines/

will give you a fair idea ?? Well I thought it might but seems a bit thin on the ground for 2str !!

But I reckon there would be a healthy demand for it - many people are not so fond of 4str ...
I agree. We happily swapped our 5 year old 4 stroke 5hp in part exchange for a brand new 5hp 2 stroke last year. I become 10 years younger when I lift it up from the rib.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com

I should probably be asking this on a Portuguese based forum seeing as I am in the land of grilled chicken with hot sauce. Alas, my Portuguese is far too basic to achieve anything other than "another beer, please."

Can anyone suggest a non-UK site where I could try get a realistic value, please?

FWIW: 3 years ago, I sold a 20 year old (at least) Yamaha 5hp 2stroke for 450 EUR.

And TBH, I could have sold it 3 or 4 times over.

B27

Visit site
I'd say it was worth ..........

replacing the tired looking bit of wood it's mounted on.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site

You may well have problems selling to a Portuguese boat owner unless you have the original invoice and paper trail from new. Outboards are part of boat equipment and have to be registered. I tried to sell one of my old outboards here some years ago and Capitania refused registration to potential buyer.

Stingo

Visit site
You may well have problems selling to a Portuguese boat owner unless you have the original invoice and paper trail from new. Outboards are part of boat equipment and have to be registered. I tried to sell one of my old outboards here some years ago and Capitania refused registration to potential buyer.
Thanks for that, that's useful info. I'll check in the file of boat papers if I have the invoice.