How stupid we have all been.

G

We have been very silly we should have spotted earlier that Jeremy/periwinkle/j.c - the impersonator of myself and others - had got access to the computer of a most respected contributor. None other than Gus.

Does the nutcase work for you Gus? No he cant do because your back clinic wouldn’t be open at the odd hours when he posts would it? Maybe he’s part of the cleaning staff, anyway now you know I’m sure you will be able to get rid of him.

I found your site fascinating Gus- so I’ll post the URL here to save people tracking it down via Linnet’s mag as I did. Check out http://www.whysuffer.co.uk and see what a jolly looking chappie our Gus is. You might also want to have a look at his boat on http://www.geocities.com/abrazenall/original_hull_and_keel_alteratio.htm It’s a jolly good job you put that post on YW Gus, it really helped me in my sleuthing after Jeremy. Bet you are really pleased I’ve been able to warn you. Which leads me to another topic. Various helpful people have educated me about ISPs and, as I understand it, a particular ISP indicates a particular computer. If that is the case don’t you all find it a little odd that at least 25 regular posters – including Ickle and Bluebeard - seem to be sharing 5 computers which they use at random. My first thought was that they all use the same cyber café but as the "people" concerned come from all over the country that doesn't make any sense. In any case, they often post replies to each other within minutes and there wouldn't be any point doing that if they were in the same room, would there.

I cannot figure out why anyone would want to post under a host of different names but that's what it is beginning to look like and I’m afraid it has put me off for good. I want to exchange views with someone I know exists, who is doing what they say they are doing and posting from wherever they say they are posting; not with some pretend personality.

So, until Karl sets up some system that stops both the Jeremys and the multiple identities I will not even be looking at this site, much less posting on it.

Incidentally Karl, I am more than a bit pissed off with you. You knew Jeremy was upsetting me, you said you would root him out but you didn’t. How come I managed it, with nothing like your resources? Also, for the sake of those who do want to continue here, will you now please see that he never posts again?

G

Being fairly new to the internet world I have been naiive enough to take it all at face value.If some people are sad enough to post answers to there own questions it makes you wonder.I still believe the majority are genuine.Excuse my ignorance but how did you know which computers were being used?I hope You dont give up on the site because of a handfull of prats.

G

Further to what you were saying, I cannot stand people who have to use a nom-de-plume/alias/aka. If they don't have the courage to use their own name, stay away.

regards, Philip.

G

Before you go!!

Marian,please dont give up on this site just yet, the participants are usualy very seriouse in their use of it and alot of good information is exchanged. Of course there are the usual plebs but you get them in all walks of life ashore and afloat,the best way to get up their noses is to ignore them , they soon give up. React to their sarcasm at your peril !!!! Look forward to hearing from you again. David.

G

I can assure you Marion that only myself Bluebeard and Alf and myself only share my P.C. and I can also assure you that I have not impersonated you nor do I wish to. In fact I to have been the subject of the impersonator on R2R and I do understand how frustrating it is, however I shall continue to remain as Bluebeard contrary to your desires! I have no wish to be bombarded with emails from the likes of our friend above. Kind Regards Bluey

G

Slightly confused as to the "proof" - unless you have access to the service providers system all you see when you look at the ISP address is the "random" connection made at the time of the internet call. For example I use lineone so when I log onto the net my ISP will be whaever lineone is plus the actual bit of their system I get connected to and this will change every time I connect?

Or............I may have got it completly wrong!

Not that I agee with the impersonation etc etc that has been going on.

G

Dear Marian,

I have a rough idea about ISP's but I am at a loss to understand how someone can have access to my computer. Apart from my daughter's occasional search on the net or playing solitaire, no one else uses my computer. Whatever is going on, I have not been aware of anything untoward and I hope that it does not reflect on me in any way. Is there perhaps something else that I should do at this end, like contact my server or should I just let it pass?

I thank you most sincerely for you kind comments about my ‘site’. I have a great passion for the work I do because I honestly obtain results that nobody else seems to come even close to. It is extremely humbling to realise that I have changed the quality of life for so many people for the better. The very frustrating part is that so much more could be done if people would realise that help is available and if the medical profession would like to step off their pedestals and listen to reason, but they seem incapable of accepting a bit of reasoned common sense and abhor the thought that despite their learned status – they don’t know it all. It is a bit like the story of the Emperor with no clothes.

For me it all really comes down to three elements. 1. Sort the real cause properly and as simply as possible. 2. Get the patient to be aware of how they are using their body and do things properly. 3. Keeping the back warm at all times is vitally important so that the muscles can function properly. This is the one thing that all other practitioners seem to fail to appreciate.

However, enough of supporting your plug of me before Karl gets upset. I do hope that you are able to sort out the computer problem but whatever way it goes, don’t go. Don’t let little minds upset you. The postings you have provided have all added to the rich tapestry of debate and would be missed were you to discontinue.

All the best

Gus.

G

I can see your reason for anonimity, but as you have your name in black, no-one can find out who you are anyway. Not that I would e-mail anyone directly from a site.

What did you do to get your address in black - and you can e-mail me direct with the way to do it.

regards, Philip.

G

now if I emailed you direct Philip you would know who I was! I might be a comic but I am not stupid! I dont know who you are,and its only my friends who are aweare of my true identity! However I will reveal how its all done! Its not a big secret at all! its very easy!

1. Click on your name with your mouse! 2. Press your delete all button. 3. Write a different alia!s in the box. 4. Click with your mouse on your email address. 5. Press your delete all button 6. Send your message without any email address present.

7. Hope that Maid Marion cant find you, because she will send for Robin Hood. or the Sherrif of IPC Regards Bluebeard. or is it Jack Flash or is it Alf Hart take your pick because I am all of those! and just like a flash!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Jacks gone.

G

URL\'s

Unique Resource Locators I believe it means.

The first groups of digits indicate the server and Internet Service Provider.

The final group(s) are usually allocated on a session by session basis so could be duplicated from time to time.

Two or more posters - at the same time - displaying the same URL are almost certainly one and the same however.

G

I wasn't in the least bit interested in your name or identity. All I wanted to know, was how to do it. You have now told me, for which I thank you, but I am still not in the least iterested in you alias/nom-de-plume/aka.

G

I don't see anything wrong with using a nom de plume. Mine incorporates my real name (John) and indicates that I am fairly tall (over 6' 3"), and to me is just a bit of fun. Unfortunately as a complete computer illiterate I don't understand what has been going on with Marian. It seems strange that there are people who use this forum who seem to have no interest in boats.

G

The onternet can be a serious business tool, but this is entertainment. I love boats and I like the banter.

The nom-da prunes liven the serious gear up. If we miss the occasional article/posting on the RCD so be it.

I'd rather you didnt bog off Marian,but without the Blarney...life hre would be a little duller.

G

THANKS. Looks like an invitation to carry on. Up the Trolls

z

G

Re: THANKS. Looks like an invitation to carry on. Up the Trolls

Nope. I think you got that wrong...

Try another site, where they care less about content and more about the players.