How much for insurance survey ?

Halo

Visit site
My insurance has gone up but new insurers want a survey. Any idea of rough costs for a 33 foot yacht?

colind3782

Visit site
I need an insurance survey here in Spain next year, also a 33' boat. The nearest surveyors are in Barcelona, about 150 km away and they quoted €1140 and €771 respectively, including travel. The cheaper on said it would be even cheaper if I can arrange it when he's doing another survey in the area. How that translates to UK prices, I don't know.

awol

Visit site
The answer is ......... considerably more than the hike from your present insurer. Whether a survey is worthwhile in the long run depends on your plans e.g. if you change boats then a survey is almost certainly needed. For me, the terms and conditions matter most, single handed, racing cover, new for old and consequential damage come to mind.

Laundryman

Live in Hemel Hempstead, Boat is in Haslar.
Visit site
My insurance is due next month. I received the usual letter only this time telling me that my insurer was insisting on a full out of the water survey and valuation or they could not renew. I called them today and said that the boat has had little or no use this year and that I had no intention of incurring that cost. If they wouldn’t renew the policy I would go elsewhere. 10 mins later they moved their survey requirement to 2024. I wonder why !

c.buck

Visit site
My insurance is due next month. I received the usual letter only this time telling me that my insurer was insisting on a full out of the water survey and valuation or they could not renew. I called them today and said that the boat has had little or no use this year and that I had no intention of incurring that cost. If they wouldn’t renew the policy I would go elsewhere. 10 mins later they moved their survey requirement to 2024. I wonder why !
Time to move your insurance... they seem to be highly unethical! There's got to be more insurers out there who are actually fair!

STATUE

Visit site
Find an insurer like SAGA who are sensible about such things.
It isn't about the cost of the survey, but that of rigging replacement - a surveyor will condemn it, miles before they get to your boat !