How many outboards do you need in your tender?

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
To be fair - 1 Tohatsu 2.5 would outrun a Torqeedo 😛
Unless the plug oiled up. In which case, you’ll get more exercise than a rower, on the start rope. Meanwhile, the electric outboard will silently potter away to the moorings, admiring the bird life on the way. Electrics ain’t quick, but they always start. My wife loves ours.

westernman

www.devalk.nl
Four outboards? Amateurs.

Amateurs.

What you really need is a jet engine.

hqdefault.jpg

fredrussell

Visit site
Amateurs.

What you really need is a jet engine.

Just the one? Not trying hard enough.
Admittedly, 317 mph is “trying hard enough”. That said, my early Torqeedo will top 250 mph with three PP9’s gaffa taped to the battery pack and wired in series.

Last edited:

38mess

Visit site
I was in conversation with two Romanian guys on Wednesday, they were admiring one of our work ribs, it has twin mercury 220hps. They say they have 4 outboards on their ribs back home usually. I don't know why, two is fine.

Wansworth

Visit site
The Guardia Civil recently took charge of a super launch that can out run fast ribs,built of Aluminium in the ria de Vigo and designed specifically to catch drug runners

ChromeDome

Commonly in Denmark. Dizzy Too, most of the time.
Visit site
I was in conversation with two Romanian guys on Wednesday, they were admiring one of our work ribs, it has twin mercury 220hps. They say they have 4 outboards on their ribs back home usually. I don't know why, two is fine.
Did they express any interest in helping you get rid of the two you have in excess?