How do you know your season is about to start?

FullCircle

Visit site
I know ours is, because we have just got the cushions and bedding out of the loft.

Splash of antifoul on Saturday, and we will be ready to float at least early next week.

Mothering Sunday is allocated to non boaty tasks, which means 4 or 5 jobs not done.

However, the tally of completed jobs is satisfactory, but an obsessive-compulsive's work is never done.:D

What gives you the whiff of the season?

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
When we have cleaned the topsides and the boat is looking respectable, I never stop working on her there is allways something that needs doing or I want to do but as soon as the winter muck is cleaned off I know we are ready to start sailing and the sooner the better.

johnalison

Visit site
I can't get into the mood until I've put the sails back on. This usually comes after a tiring couple of weeks in the yard. I then have to make myself scarce while my wife makes the boat settle lower in the water by a couple of inches as it is a well-known fact that starvation is a major risk to the cruising yachtsman. I don't really feel I've started until I'm past Stone Point.

FullCircle

Visit site
Just checked the sheet. Not bad:

36 jobs completed, all the yearly essentials except antifouling.
14 started, will be complete before 9th April
9 deferred to wintter 2011

66 left on the list unstarted, but in the long term plan. No budget.

Sad.:rolleyes:

sailorman

Visit site
I know ours is, because we have just got the cushions and bedding out of the loft.

Splash of antifoul on Saturday, and we will be ready to float at least early next week.

Mothering Sunday is allocated to non boaty tasks, which means 4 or 5 jobs not done.

However, the tally of completed jobs is satisfactory, but an obsessive-compulsive's work is never done.:D

What gives you the whiff of the season?

J.B. in the travel hoist :D

pyrojames

transat2013.blogspot.co.uk
Followed/followed by, WO out of SYH for a slow drift up to the Deben Bar and back to the mooring. Champagne for the first day out, and not even enough wind to tip the glasses over.

Oh, and did some dredging in the Orwell and off Felixstowe too....

The season has begun!

CPD

Visit site
Mine will start this Thursday/Friday with stack-pack going on, a really good scrub, and hopefully a quick outing Thursday evening. Looking forward to it ........

nrbx

Visit site
Argh :( My new one's been having work done since 5th Jan to 5th May!

It's living Hell watching everyone else getting ready and i'll be just about the last in haha

Artemis_C2121

www.sailblogs.com
Been back aboard Artemis for 4 days now prepping for our second season cruising and what a delight it is get to the boat to find it looked pretty clean no mould anywhere and everything pretty dry no green stuff anywhere even the spray hood was still fresh and mould free.

Mild winters in the med def get my thumbs up. Just about completed all my jobs just to get provisions aboard for a cast off on Friday morning, weather is looking pretty settled and reasonably warm.

For some strange reason we are a little more apprehensive starting off this season than we were last year cant quite put my finger on it likely that the prolonged bad weather at the end of our season last year still dwells in the back of our minds it will probably pass once we get underway.

Have made new friends here in Gaeta Harry and Jane Hungate who have been cruising the world for the last 15 years in Cormorant a Corbin39 they are headed in the opposite direction to us (west) we will pick their brains for some nice places they have stopped. They are headed for the Canaries then across to the US sometime in the summer.

Its an odd feeling to have met so many people that we have liked but to never see or hear of them again bit of a cliché but like ships that pass in the night

We will again be update our blog as and when we can but as we enter into Greece on a couple of weeks time expecting internet access a bit patchy

davidfox

Visit site
Back in and back up to Shotley last friday, just got to slap a coat of paint/varnish on the tender and its all done.. apart from all the things that I cant afford.

Jomo

Visit site
Had a sail on Friday so it must have started :)

Wild Otter espied in Bradwell last evening - skipper no doubt by the log fire in The Green Man ;)

Yep, Curry v good, but paid for it the next morning!

Very light breeze both ways on the wallet, Got the cruising shute out to play, lots of string in the cockpit, big grin on my face, some moaning from other quarters :)

Still a bite in the air.

Had to cut short our week off, as on parade at family do at the weekend.

I guess our season has started :):)

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
'How d'o you know your season is about to start?

Bank balance takes a hammering. :(

Know that feeling

My financial advisor (the DLW) commented the other day whilst perusing our bank statements ... "you've been pushing the boat out a bit haven't you?"

And I replied "no dear, we push the boat out on Saturday"

She was not amused!

wilkinsonsails

Visit site
QUOTE=parsifal;2895356]'How d'o you know your season is about to start?

Bank balance takes a hammering. :([/QUOTE]

Thanks John that made me LOL,Only good thing I'm spending dollars here.
Got to go sailing soon, can't spend any money at sea.
Cindy