How do you feel about this type of refits

red124

Visit site
I've seen this type of refit where the hatches on the lower deck are replaced with new windows with larger glass surfaces. It gives the impression of much more modern yachts. What do you think about it?

Attachments

• pre.png
    pre.png
    685.3 KB · Views: 114
  • aft.png
    aft.png
    321.4 KB · Views: 116

jfm

Visit site
Looks like some black paint to me, with the original windows unchanged. In fact it looks like a photoshop, not a real refit.

This is not uncommon. Sunseeker offer this black paint as a factory option on their 95 yacht.

It can improve/modernise the looks imho, if done well.

red124

Visit site
True, I´ve seen on the internet that windows were changed. But the rest is just black paint.
The boat is usually in the Balearics, it´s a 2005

Attachments

• charter-d-plis-play-yacht-2.jpg
    charter-d-plis-play-yacht-2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 55

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
True, I´ve seen on the internet that windows were changed. But the rest is just black paint.
Are you saying that this boat has had huge new windows cut into the hull? Have to say that seems improbable, but not impossible I guess. Be difficult to make the glazing large enough to make it worth doing yet the hull structure be strong enough afterwards. To align glazing so that it didn't cut across bulkheads and/or stringers. Or maybe those were removed? Be interesting to read a paper on how this has been achieved, if indeed it has.

jfm

Visit site
But that 3rd picture you posted only has the superstructure windows "done" not the hull windows. Supports the theory that the hull windows in your second picture are photoshopped.

You can find plenty of pictures online of sunseeker 95 yacht with/without the black paint option around the superstructure windows, to make a comparison. I think it improves the looks a lot, on a boat that most folks seem to agree is pretty ugly (the sunseeker 95 I mean). Comparing your 1st and 3rd pics, the black paint improves the look quite a lot, imho.