How about a not whereizzit, but your places pics?

capnsensible

Visit site
"Monkey's"?
Yup.
Originally from the Atlas Mountains and the Rif Mountains of Morocco, the Barbary macaque population in Gibraltar is the only wild monkey population on the European continent. Although most Barbary monkey populations in Africa are experiencing decline due to hunting and deforestation, the Gibraltar population is increasing. Currently, some 300 animals in five troops occupy the Upper Rock area of the Gibraltar Nature Reserve, though they make occasional forays into the town.[1] As they are a tailless species, they are also known locally as Barbary apes or rock apes, despite being monkeys (Macaca sylvanus).

johnalison

Visit site
Our place in Essex is beautiful enough, but I have an affection for places that we made 'ours' by revisiting several times. There were several places where we took exactly the same mooring each time, so we felt that we owned them.
382 copy.jpg
One such place was in Kolobrzeg, before they built the marina. I liked it as it was, a bit makeshift, but everthing was there, even if the electrics were a bit dodgy and the water hose came from two hundred yards away.

Another was Gudhjem, which is lovely in June. Like Kolobrzeg, a delightful spot but on this occasion was chose to lie against the wall.
2011 show (95) copy.jpg

dava

Visit site
Where I like to end every trip to sea on my way home, this trip was particularly idyllic, new year's eve just gone. beautiful sunset.

Yngmar

Visit site
Snapped yesterday from the boat. Not a bad place to be stuck in:

IMG_20200412_133418_1.jpg

paulrae

Visit site
That place looks amazing, do you access through that tiny opening?

Not quite - the photo is taken that way for effect! It's much more open to the South, from which it's normally accessed. It's pretty exposed, so only really tenable in calm spells. Fantastic place to stop off for a few hours during the day.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
My boat is moored just across the canal from my condo at ZYC YC mooring.

The first one is A and mine is on the left hand side about half way down. The harbour is on the right.

mainsail1

Visit site
They're in the Firth of Lorne, North of the islans of Jura and Scarba, West coast of Scotland. Really interesting spot to visit, with an ancient monastery ruin and some well-preserved beehive cells. Some details here:

The Garvellachs – Islands of the Sea
Thanks, what I wanted to know was where in the Garvellachs is the harbour in your photo? From where do you approach it? What depth is there? I can't see it on Google earth.

paulrae

Visit site
Thanks, what I wanted to know was where in the Garvellachs is the harbour in your photo? From where do you approach it? What depth is there? I can't see it on Google earth.

Approach from the SW along the red arrow. Anchor around the star.

This is an excerpt from one of Bob Bradfield's excellent Antares charts - hope it's ok to replicate here.

Eileach an Naoimh.jpg
Not for navigation!