Hope everyone is OK in Marmaris..

Squeaky

Visit site
Good morning:

As I am in Netsel Marina I was completely surprised when I noticed the photos appearing on a multitude of sites about the problems experienced by those at Marmaris Yat Marina at the south east edge of the Marmaris Bay as it had appeared to have been a normal night and morning in so far as the wind and rain was concerned. I find it difficult to comprehend the damage that was done a few miles away when everything seemed normal where I am. I think this event can be considered good value for the extra I have to pay for my berth at Netsel and make it worth the extra money involved.

Am sure it must be worrying for those who though they had left their yachts supposedly safely ashore to see them laying around like the result of a strike at the local bowling alley.

Cheers

GHA

Visit site
South Italy been getting it as well >>

https://twitter.com/i/status/1066744732192256000
http://www.severe-weather.eu/

Ds3r0YWWkAEaOeh.jpg

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
I find it difficult to comprehend the damage that was done a few miles away when everything seemed normal where I am.

Same happened with us last year when two tornadoes passed within about 1/2 mile either side of Bruce's boat yard. On board, although strong gusty winds, we knew nothing about tornadoes until friends started phoning to see if we were OK after they saw the damage to Faro on the news.

GHA

Visit site
Same happened with us last year when two tornadoes passed within about 1/2 mile either side of Bruce's boat yard. On board, although strong gusty winds, we knew nothing about tornadoes until friends started phoning to see if we were OK after they saw the damage to Faro on the news.

Think being couple hundred yards closer might have made a bit of a difference up the other end of the yard :)

This is pressure onboard as the one that hit the shopping centre skimmed by, certainly well breezy for a few minutes!

S9xceXD.png