Hip, hip................

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Weather forecast for the ten days Ive now re-arranged my Thames cruise for.....

forecast.jpg

Fingers crossed that we might actually get some use out of Legacy at last !

Oh, and an absolutely stonking weather day today for Mike Gates daughters wedding. Dont forget to hoot and toot if you see them on Windrush IV Windsor /Bray way this afternoon!!

Gavi

Visit site
Have a great trip, I am very jealous. My weekend originally involved a bit of boating today followed by going to Twickenham for England v Wales RU and then The Stoop tomorrow for Quins v Leeds RL.

Then SWMBO reminded me that we were due to be at a bbq in Wiltshire.

Then a friend fell terminally ill while abroad and I am boarding a plane to Prague in 4 hours to help out his brother. I hope this isn't being too selfish but why couldn't it have happened when the river was up...

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
Managed to get some time out on the boats. Up to Shepperton and had to run at about 1000 rpm to make 4 knots, tickover on one back again was er, more:) Did a river trial (broker wouldn't do it) on boat for sale and agreed sale for Sunday and stooged down to Hampton to pick up an inflatable. Made a right cock of mooring but no harm done save to my ego. Level above Sunbury lock appeard to rise all weekend, went up a good 6" or so. Are they still letting loads down from the red boarded area?

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Stayed at Hampton Court Saturday night and level rose a good foot between arriving around 3pm and 8pm. Figured it was high tide (it was) and river flowing back from Teddington for a while. Mooring paths were covered in silt and mud as you'd expect.

Was that you I saw belching white smoke as you came out of Sunbury around 1530 this afternoon? Also noticed All Gold wasn't at Shepperton when we got back there so if youve shifted it that quickly you've done well!

Bloody hell, Shepperton was a bit manic on the upstream side - long time since ive seen so many boats waiting to get through.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Re: Hip, hip................BONG!

The b*st*rds lied ........AGAIN!!!!

Henley like a ghost town.....a very soggy ghost town. Guess there will be no need to book for a restaurant tonight /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Just seen some poor souls in a Birchwood 31 towed into Hobbs, lifted to clear prop and back in in short order so that will have made their day.

oldgit

Visit site
All together now.......1.....2....3
Singing inn the rain
Just singing inn the rain............................

Mines a pint please.............

Elessar

Visit site
Re: Hip, hip................BONG!

It's true. The weather has been crap and it's easy to shoot the messenger but I'm convinced the accuracy has gone down.
Also so much nonsense (pollen, UV, pollution) to hide the inaccuracy of the basic point (do I need a coat).
I loaned my car out this week so I've had to cycle to work every day and crikey it's been wet, good for the paunch - it's partially burned off in calories and partially dissolved.
I've still got the last week of August booked for the channel islands but increasingly I'm resigned to lastminute.com having to bail me out.
Any met men on the forum?