Heart pumping - sweating hands - here goes

lanason

Visit site
Well - Kelisha is now hooked up on the back of the 4x4 and we are off for our first trip of the year.

More scrary as it will be MY first SOLO launch of the boat from the trailer with me in charge. Adrenelin is pumping - bricking myself - etc ............. either I'll be fine or you lot can read all about it ............. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Adrian

<hr width=100% size=1>Adrian
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/kelisha>More Pics of Kelisha</A> /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Dont want some boring story about how it all went perfect. Just bolocks something up if it does not occur naturally............/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>
ship_in_a_bottle_e0.gif
Haydn

lanason

Visit site
Well I'm keeping it to myself how things went.

So there !!!!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/kelisha>More Pics of Kelisha</A> /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

lanason

Visit site
WELSH !! - WELSH !!! How dare you - first you call me Sandra then Ian and now WELSH - thats a bit below the belt eh !!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

lanason

Visit site
Well what a fantastic weekend. Saturday morning woke up to beautiful sunshine and the plan was to go down to Wales to take the hood down to be repaired. But a brief conversation between SWMBO and yours truly decided to launch the boat locally in the river. So as this was to be our first launch and as he was keen to come out with us, I gave PeteM a ring, but unfortunately he was going out.

Anyway we decided to go anyway – plan was Upton – but as I got the boat out of the the drive a guy along the road said that Evesham had a better slipway. So, we decided to change – popped over to Evesham and the guy there was “holding the fort” as the Guv’nor was away for the weekend and he said we couldn’t use it. So after a quick look at another slip in Evesham we decided to go back to plan A.

At Upton Kelisha went in a real treat - floated off easily and we put her over on the nearest free berth. Got the dinghy out and put the O/B on it and went for a spin with the kids. A mate of mine arrived with his family (he’s got an 805) so we ALL decided to go for a spin up river. With 11 on board – 4 adults, 3 teenagers and 4 little ones off we went. Great run up and back. When we got back SWMBO and the kids went off in the tender to fetch Fish and Chips – great stuff.

Today after watching the F1 Grand prix, playing a game of Hockey we got back over to the boat at about 2.00pm. Another run downstream this time and back to the berth. We used ropes to pull the boat over and up onto the trailer, nice and slowly and carefully. Boat went on fine the only excitement was went I was extending SWMBO’s rope and No 1 son decides to pass Boat hook to No 1 Daughter and in the process slipped and fell in. He was wearing a lifejacket which duly operated. I turned to see a drowned rat peering out thro the inflated lifejacket. Did we take the p*ss or did we take the p*ss. Foolish child !!!

Then we pull the boat out the water and up the slip – low ratio first gear no sweat and it is a steep slip as well. Put the dinghy on the roof rack and came home. Reversed the boat back into the drive no sweat …….

So boating, F1, hockey, boating – what a great life !!!!!

Next time then Pete !!!!!