Have I been excommunicated?

Robert Wilson

Second Coast, Ross-shire, overlooking Gruinard Bay
Visit site
I now live south of the Border. I really should alter my tag-line; but if I do I'd have to give my post-code as There's no known way of you mariner fellows reaching Scorton, North Yorkshire.
Except perhaps by boat up the Humber, into the Yorkshire Ouse, then into the Swale all the way to Ellerton-on-Swale - then by land-yacht 2 miles to Scorton!!

[Inappropriate content removed]

I shall leave my Lat/Long tag as a reminder of sixteen+ years living in the most beautiful and friendly part of Great Britain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Wilson

Visit site
Hmm, not so sure about that. My local is The Farmers Arms on the other side of the Green. Very friendly, great service, good food, great crowd of regulars and vistors alike. two minutes walk there, five minutes walk home......
And they have Doom Bar beer(y)(y)(y)
The Heifer used to be very good but I've had a few "unsocial" experiences there in the recent past so I haven't been in since moving here in March.

When you're going to be in the area, do please get in touch - it would be good to put a face to a YBW name!
As Chris (ctva) would testify there's always showers, pizza 'n' gin available for YBW folk sailing/driving by!!

Quandary

Visit site
Sorry to see you go we will miss you, but your confidence in Scotlands future is so reassuring to those of us staying on. You could try a wee visit after the event just to see how things are, you will still be very welcome.
And thanks for the help and hospitality that was so freely offered.

ctva

Visit site
For some strange reason I now have to enter my user name and password every time I log in.
Have I done something to upset the powers that be?

If I no longer welcome here, please tell me........................
They've found out you sold your boat.

Just post a pic of another one and that should do. :giggle:

However, mentioning Current Affairs, Independence, Wee Nic's party and Yorkshire will get you banned for life anyway!! :ROFLMAO:

Daydream believer

Visit site
Sorry to see you go we will miss you, but your confidence in Scotlands future is so reassuring to those of us staying on. You could try a wee visit after the event just to see how things are, you will still be very welcome.
So sorry, Scotland will be a none runner , even for a quick trip in the car up to Edinburgh to see the relations. ( good excuse really ?) Have to stay this side of the Tweed.

Quandary

Visit site
So sorry, Scotland will be a none runner , even for a quick trip in the car up to Edinburgh to see the relations. ( good excuse really ?) Have to stay this side of the Tweed.

Sounds great, hope you are right and sailing activity gets back to what it was like here a few years ago. I am sure you relations are going to really miss your visits but perhaps they will find a way to get over it.
What have the Krankies got to do with sailing, I did not know they participated?

Beelzebub

Visit site
Sounds great, hope you are right and sailing activity gets back to what it was like here a few years ago. I am sure you relations are going to really miss your visits but perhaps they will find a way to get over it.
What have the Krankies got to do with sailing, I did not know they participated?

They used to be motor boaters. They had a Grand Banks 30 and then a Grand Banks 36.

Robert Wilson

Visit site
Ah, just looked back through my posts and the bit that's been "edited" has actually been removed.
I made a comment about something affecting my lifestyle, vaguely political in nature.
If that type of remark is unacceptable to the Administrators I feel it's somewhat draconian - I was not criticising any political party.
If by any chance I get "struck off" then I say to you all, " It's been a real pleasure knowing you all and I thank every one of you who have given me so much encouragement and advice".

Fingers cross I'm still here next week!!