haulout costs Greece

blenkinsop

Visit site
Does anyone have information on haulout/shore storage costs for a 35ft keelboat for Ionian or Aegean within reasonable distance of an airport?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Does anyone have information on haulout/shore storage costs for a 35ft keelboat for Ionian or Aegean within reasonable distance of an airport?

Only place we used is Missolonghi and Preveza Missolonghi is not an option now ,
Ionian yard in Preveza we always used a few times , all ways found them very good and helpful and one of the cheapest around

Tranona

Visit site
There is a huge choice with a range of facilities from the basic to full service repair yards. So your choice depends on what you are looking for - for example do you just want to do maintenance or are you looking for storage.

As Vic says the Preveza/Levkas area is popular, although the airport services are seasonal. However there are good transport links to Athens.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Takis Asprakis Not (Gregory) will give you the best price on Aegina. only an 90 min trip to Airport. . . probally €130-140 a month with €350 up&down. Jordon Kononis will be next cheapest.
GO To TAKIS first, not second.. tell him bob sent you.

do not go to Gregory.

Last edited:

cynthia

Visit site
Similar size boat, in Aktio yard, Preveza. Airport 5 minutes up the road. We've always found it both friendly and secure. Flights to UK May - October. We fly via Corfu out of season. Ferry over to Igoumenitsa and cheap(ish) one way car hire to Preveza - we enjoy this trip.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Similar size boat, in Aktio yard, Preveza. Airport 5 minutes up the road. We've always found it both friendly and secure. Flights to UK May - October. We fly via Corfu out of season. Ferry over to Igoumenitsa and cheap(ish) one way car hire to Preveza - we enjoy this trip.
Another good option , although you have to consider Ionian yacht is not only much clearer less dust flying around but there also more room between the boats and where all of it is hard where some of Aktio yards boats are in long grass. But it is another option, boat of these yards are now getting filled quickly so best to book if you thinking about over wintering the boat these.

cynthia

Visit site
Another good option , although you have to consider Ionian yacht is not only much clearer less dust flying around but there also more room between the boats and where all of it is hard where some of Aktio yards boats are in long grass. But it is another option, boat of these yards are now getting filled quickly so best to book if you thinking about over wintering the boat these.
I agree Vic, but been at Aktio for a long time and the staff are superb. Could do without the donkeys though!

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
Just returned from Preveza (Ionion) after a couple of weeks there working on the boat. Costs me about €2300 for hauling, launching, jet wash and nine months ashore in the yards own cradle. When I was deciding which yard to use, there wasn't much price difference between them. There are three yards there: Cleopatra, Ionion and Aktio. We decided on Ionion mainly because they were upfront on pricing, never had any unexpected surprises in their costs.
I'd agree with Vics comment about booking early: yards are busier now than they were a couple of years ago. Ionion has extended their space by four or five football pitches worth of ground and that is already full. Cleopatra is similarly crowded. No idea about Aktio as I don't drive past it to get to Ionion.
Travel out of season is via Corfu. I catch the ferry as a foot passenger and pick up a hire car in Igoumentisa. Out of season and early booking get you a car for two weeks for about €80 and you'll need the car as the chandleries on site are reasonable for the basics but anything more and you'll need to go to Lekas. The taverna in the Cleopatra complex was open when I arrived, the other one didn't open until the start of Holy Week (orthodox, a week later than ours), thus making a car a requirement unless you can stick eating in the same place every night....
The easy alternatives are Gouvia on Corfu: very pricey and a max three month stay ashore unless you pay a surcharge but the airport offer year round travel (Nov - Mar via Athens). Lefkas Marina with similar prices to Gouvia and all the travel hassles without the lower price of the Preveza yards.

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com

Doing exactly that at the moment and spending a couple of days in Corfu. Hiring car from Parga which is between Igoumenista and Preveza. We drop driver off at Parts on way to boat and they collect from Cleopatra. Price not bad and we preferred but to route via Athens.

AndersG

Visit site

It's also possible to fly from Corfu to Preveza with sky express, don't think they fly all year but start earlier than other flights to Preveza.
Preveza airport was completely deserted when I arrived a few days ago, only two flights that day and three passengers getting of the flight from Corfu!

Irish Rover

Visit site
Just returned from Preveza (Ionion) after a couple of weeks there working on the boat. Costs me about €2300 for hauling, launching, jet wash and nine months ashore in the yards own cradle. When I was deciding which yard to use, there wasn't much price difference between them. There are three yards there: Cleopatra, Ionion and Aktio. We decided on Ionion mainly because they were upfront on pricing, never had any unexpected surprises in their costs.
I'd agree with Vics comment about booking early: yards are busier now than they were a couple of years ago. Ionion has extended their space by four or five football pitches worth of ground and that is already full. Cleopatra is similarly crowded. No idea about Aktio as I don't drive past it to get to Ionion.
Travel out of season is via Corfu. I catch the ferry as a foot passenger and pick up a hire car in Igoumentisa. Out of season and early booking get you a car for two weeks for about €80 and you'll need the car as the chandleries on site are reasonable for the basics but anything more and you'll need to go to Lekas. The taverna in the Cleopatra complex was open when I arrived, the other one didn't open until the start of Holy Week (orthodox, a week later than ours), thus making a car a requirement unless you can stick eating in the same place every night....
The easy alternatives are Gouvia on Corfu: very pricey and a max three month stay ashore unless you pay a surcharge but the airport offer year round travel (Nov - Mar via Athens). Lefkas Marina with similar prices to Gouvia and all the travel hassles without the lower price of the Preveza yards.
My recently purchased boat a 34Ft Cat was ashore in Ionion from Early October to early April and charges were similar. Ionion is not the cleanest yard I've ever been in and lots of uneven ground around the boats but perfectly adequate nonetheless.

Cariadco

Visit site
Gouvia Marina, Corfu-Charges.
The link below will take you to a PDF of the Marina's charges for Moorings and Cranage, Propping etc. note that VAT @ 24% needs to be added.
If you need to exceed the 3 month ashore period, then you'll be charged at 33% of your monthly mooring fee for each month you remain ashore.

http://www.medmarinas.com/LH2Uploads/ItemsContent/46/Gouvia 2018 Price List.PDF

Regards,

Visit site
€920 for a 35' cat and three weeks on the hard in Margarona Preveza. The yard is old and doesn't have the best facilities, but is family run, super friendly and helpful, and a lot calmer than three across the water. Access to town isn't too bad either. Useful for liveaboards.

Pasarell

Visit site
I'm hauling out on Saturday for a week at Aktio Yard, Preveza. 43ft boat and cost is 750 euro inc VAT + 6/day for water and electricity

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I'm hauling out on Saturday for a week at Aktio Yard, Preveza. 43ft boat and cost is 750 euro inc VAT + 6/day for water and electricity
As it gone up? I don't remember paying much more that when we left it over the winter , unless the winter deal are a lot better. Good job we when to Tunisia to get hauled out to do our bottom.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I think what's happen over the last few years is all three yards in Preveza have been taken over by charter boats., Ionian sail along have increased their fleet by a heck of amount of boats.
And in so up goes the prices,
When the charter market collapsed it be a good think for the rest of us.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
I think what's happen over the last few years is all three yards in Preveza have been taken over by charter boats., Ionian sail along have increased their fleet by a heck of amount of boats.
And in so up goes the prices,
When the charter market collapsed it be a good think for the rest of us.

Yes,I made a big mistake years ago when Joe Charlton, CYS wanted me to buy the fibreglass company off the English guy in Lefkas.