Handy boat toolkit from Halfords - on offer until Monday

wonkywinch

Visit site
I just ordered one of these handy little kits. I don't know if the quality will be the same as the Halfords socket set I've had and used greatly over the last 15 years but for the money, it looks reasonably comprehensive.

Halfords Essentials 60 Piece Home and Garage Tool Kit | Halfords UK

Halfords have an offer on until Monday, 10% off using MOTORING10 makes this kit £31.50.

332398.jpg

Last edited:

Refueler

Visit site
I had a number of cheapo tool kits like that ... great for occasional use ... any serious use though could open out the spanners / break screwdriver heads etc. But the cases are ideal to buy single good items to replace the crap when it fails.

But trying to find a cheap set now ??

Good find ....

I'm just waiting to see if Lidl - who opened in our town a short while ago will have special offers ... so far no sign of the deals you guys get in UK ...

Praxinoscope

Visit site
I'm not sure a spirit level is much use on a boat, otherwise looks a useful kit, especially the mini screwdivers.
I have an 'Amtech' set on board similar to this but with fewer screwdrivers but more sockets.
It's now coming on for 5 years old with no problems, although for anything more than just general maintenance I use my garage tools.

Refueler

Visit site
I've added a set of torx drivers also as they seem commonly used on boat doors & cupboards these days.

Torx ..... guy who started the rebuild of my balcony drove me nuts about Torx ....... I now have a set of short and long Torx .....

Couple days after he started job - he bunked off to UK leaving me with scaffold and 4 columns ... but no further ... had to get builder group in to take it all on ... luckily my design was accepted by them and 1 week later I have a 5m x 3m balcony overlooking the river. And of course they had their own Torx !!

vCW2T0ol.jpg

to match the balcony on my Garage / Workshop .... (needs painting still).

hjcbufkl.jpg

Daydream believer

Visit site
I followed up the OP's link & saw that there was an option for 2 sets of tool kits. I decided that the larger kit at £60 was better & would provide a neat & tidy set to replace the one on my boat. A level is no use on a boat. I spent ages on the Halford website trying to register etc.
I think that these silly websites are designed by kids for the execs to sit behind their desks thinking what wonderful site they have. The kids who design them,demonstrate them very quickly, because they know how to use them. However, the average elderly punter, like me, just finds the whole site a load of "c..p"

After a good 30 mins I managed to find the item on its own, then get it into a basket & to checkout. I could not care less what b...y branch supplied it as I wanted it delivered.

But after both my wife & I tried it seems that we could not get a delivery. Only click & collect.
I am not driving all the way to Chelmsford, looking for a parking spet etc then walking to Halfords to collect the darned thing. I also wanted a jump pack & the site would deliver that, but just that. What is the point of delivering half the b..y order.

As for the special code- Why not just put the correct price in & forget that "special coupon" rubbish. Seems just a pointless exercise for the punter involving more hassle.
In the end I gave up & will go to my local tool shop & probably get a better set anyway o_O