Guy coauch 19-20 mt yachts opinions ?

prinex

Visit site
I had a look at a yacht this weekend (sadly could not get on board as broker busy etc), Guy Couach 195. Just under 20 meters, 800hp mtus and whopping 5000 lt diesel tank. To me looked a decent boat to do what I have in mind (tons of 10kn cruising and the occasional quick dash).

We liked it more compared to the VZ18 actually, full size midship cabin, the sitting area on the stern was really good, the hidden crane and retractable passerelle made the boat look "bigger".

What is the wisdom on this builder / line of boats ? There are a few around, some 2100 / 2200 and all priced in my range, usually recent years (the 195 we wants to visit is a 2004). 2100 / 2200 maybe too big and also with 1100/1360 Hp engines which I dont really fancy.

Portofino

Visit site
I really like them old school solid build with a commercial back ground .
Long and thin narrow beam = easier berth availability .
Engines in any boat this ages transgresses marque…..it’s all down to history and maintenance etc etc .

Buy the best layout that you think suits your personal needs .Yes Med is more of an outdoor life so for me that space is more important than the bedroom arrangements .

Plus it’s running ability in a big sea ……so you can boat more in a wider variety of sea states .Ie tour about .
Perhaps this lesser in floating apartments but I suspect the Guy Couachs are pretty good being semi military patrol hull based .