Greek dreamer

G

Re: Don\'t worry - ITHACAT

The cat provides tons of what you need - deck space, cuts out what you don't need - draft. Nobody wants to get on a boat and sit indoors in greece now do they? The big daycruisy boats in the caribbean are all mega-cats- loads of space fpr feepaying punters. Cheapish too, cos not saily enuf for sailors, not fast enuf for motorboaties. But, nice aircon indoors for youafter work , plus loads of storage for beer. Disco lights from the boom, or even built in to the boom. Also saily boat makes dream feasible even with mega 2018 oil prices. And bits of string dead easy to learn, and quite good fun. ITHACAT good name eh?

First thing you do is free trip for all the reps in the hotel, and backhanders.

MikeBrazier

Visit site
Re: eh?

On the Balearics I went out on a large cat, it had a Huge sun deck and the Bridge on the top, a large Lounge type area underneath and the crew lived in the keels. It was a very impressive boat, Motor only not Sail but it couldn't half shift. The captain even took it into a cave to scare the bats out for us! so the low draught can be a plus where tourists are concerned. The whole thing was GRP construction and it even had slides moulded into the transom.
very impressive.

Regards
Mike

G

Re: Business Plan

Right, well I will go and check out the area next week - cephalonia, lefkada area yes? - and provide photos for JFM who can prepare large waffly document to extract a million or so for grand venture.

G

I've had a scout around the web for his sort of vessel but drawn a blank. Sounds very interesting. Got any pictures?

G

Re: Don\'t worry - ITHACAT

Mike Brazier is on the same case as you except he's talking motor-cats only. Good point about oil prices 18 years hence. I may need more convincing about the bits of string though ... won't they just snag the props? All those sails flapping in the wind would get on my nerves as well. Willing to be convinced though ... any suitable web sites I could look at?

G

Re: Shareholder IGM

Okay, but first, we are doing rather a lot of work for you, Dreemer, so fraid we must reasonably ask for shares, or praps free trips for life on this theoretical rather distant perhaps maybe possible unaffordable venture, which I trust is agreeable.

Take a look at http://www.wadadlicats.com

Note how there are few close-ups of the boats, possible a bit old and nanky.

Also, try imagining how many can cram on the boats (at least a hundred) and multiply by $60, makes about £4 grand a day. Seasonally mebbe 120days a year, makes about half a million quid a year! Wow. You must have a fab job if you can't afford to pack it in and do boat stuff. Also, they have three boats.

The ingenuity of the saily catamaran boats is that you can use specially mounted outboards, and keep a spare. So, no fidling with broken engine, especially if tomorrows trip is worth at least 3grand net cash - chuck the thing away and get a new one.

G

Re: Shareholder IGM

Nice boats, shame about all those ropes and sails. I suppose if the wind dies down you could point your outboard at the sails or use some of those ropes to get a tow from a motor boat. Yes, I think I'm finally catching on to this sailing thing.

Thanks for the website address - looking at the 'Boats' link, I'm not too sure I fancy carrying half a ton of ugly ballast like they do in the Carribean (useful if the sharks attack though).

I figure all the effort you've gone to deserves a reward so I hereby grant you a free day trip AND a beer on the innaugural voyage. Just cut this part of your PC screen out and bring it with you in 18 years time.

Seriously appreciate your help/thoughts. Never considered a cat but now look at me!

jfm

Visit site
Re: Dont get out of bed for that

Is this a public share offering, cuz if it is you lot need to be FSA registered else crim offence and you'll all be struck off as company directors. Now, I can help you here, usual fees apply.

A million quid?? Make it 10, get a fleet of em.

Agree Matts comments having been punter several times on these cats in the Carib. They're huge so loads of punters and they sail right up to the beach. They go fast and stay flat, perfect for non-sea-leg punters. I have digi photos from last trip (with loadsa topless ....er never mind) but cant post pics here. And yes they have crapped out 50hp evinrudes dangling below. They are just perfect for the job though, you see them full of 35 punters every day, $40 a pop. Or in the Carib it's $80 a pop wiv a tiny plane transfer from your island thrown in. 3 Crew tops, minimum labour cost.

Matts when are you orf to Grease? Woz gonna send Magellan round (if you can be bothered) so you dont get lost, sorry forgot, only just remebered. Izzit this w/e, in which case I can easily courier the kit round to office but will you or do you want to get MESltd.co.uk to burn a C-Map chip in time??. Lemme know by return, in Paris Wed lunchtime and thursday, back in office Friday morning. Up to you

JFM

MikeBrazier

Visit site

Yes, it was Motor only, cant remember which island it was based on off hand. I will try and find some pics when i get chance.

The crew consisted of 3, The Captain, and two lads.
One lad ran the bar and operated the passarel and windlass + assisted with lines.
The other lad just wandered around while underway and also did lines and fenders and all that.

There were around 50 passengers with room for a good few more.

G

Re: Business Plan

Right area ... may as well think big and provide a fleet to cover entire south eastern med. 10-20 should do it. Business plan should cover significant 'entertainment' costs for travel operators - cheapest sales force going. Obviously need a well-oiled reservations and payment system (I could take care of that - web-enable it and run the whole thing from a lap-top on the bridge. Nice).

Ideally operate as a franchise to maximise kick-backs and think global (Carribean, Hawaii, S. Pacific, Oz, S. America) expansion as part of 5 year plan.

Let me know when dosh is secured and I'll hand my notice in.

G

Re: New biz opp in Greece, gotta rush...

We're off Monday 22 (today?) and last week either rushing at trade exhibs or arguing with wops about how purple the leather should be. Toldem not to send me samples to approve - if they have to send a sample I know that they know it's no good. Now the leather may have to come from Leeds like some sunseekers stuff. App 5sqm of cow skin costs 250 quid any colour you like, but the froggies freaked out and said it should be max 1000 FFR. There's one arriving in bright orange leather which tookem 6months to get right.

have no clue waht to expect in Ionian, somewhere thereabouts a 3-michelin-star bay. If it's any good, I was thinking that a half-arsed start-up in the Ionian might well attract nice EU funding. Will have to wait till later for mag/gar showdown, and in current climate suggest praps UK or furthest French waters to avoid possibly getting turned over for being bloke who arrives at airport with more nav gear than the Taliban...