Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Re: Tepai entry instructions

Alex what I have is a printed A4 paper with boat name , reg numbe . And size and model.
Then have our name , passport number, place of birth and nationality
Under that I gave any one else on board .
Only in Croatia and once in Italy I been asked for crew list and then I just ask them to photo copy my list and give it back .
Never had a problem .
Has for your other question , sorry can't help , as I sure you know I decided rather then give Greek my money to leave .
If the year reduce the cost maybe one year we go back other wise I have a few tricks up my sleeve not to be robber by then I we decide t pass through greec to get to some where like Turkey .

rjmcl

Visit site

Hi Chris, I am in sepa payment black hole situation. Nationwide bank currently investigating with no news for past week. Like to take up your offer of help - if you are not inundated. Pls send email. Regards Richard, SY Hejira

jordanbasset

Visit site

Hi Chris, I am in sepa payment black hole situation. Nationwide bank currently investigating with no news for past week. Like to take up your offer of help - if you are not inundated. Pls send email. Regards Richard, SY Hejira

I'm sure you have tried it but if not go to print the tepai form again (no need to actually print it at this stage) and see if payment is now shown
It was on mine despite the main page saying it hadn't been paid

Chris_Robb

Visit site

What kind of details and what kind of paper? Crew list?
Because I alway fill crew list (I sail alone and with my girlfriend and I alway stamp crew list).
But since this hectic TEPAI, DEKPA etc. f%$#&%$ rules I am thinking to buy a portable inkjet printer so I can print all sort of forms... But which ones:)

Let's get back to topic:
TEPAI: I've read FAQ but I am not sure about one thing: in the FAQ from 2.12 and on there is no situation when a boat arrives in Greek Territorial waters three days before the end of the month.
There is a explained situation (FAQ 2.13) when you leave in the first three days of the month- than you are not obliged to pay TEPAI for that month.
But what about arriving in the last three days of the month? Don't tell me that I have to pay 100eur for three days? F*?$ I am gonna have a s. intercourse with that blond PP in military boots.

GREECE, ONCE YOU WERE A FREE COUNTRY!!!

Sorry mate, you will pay for the three days. Leaving is a specific allowance of 3 days. No way round this unless you dawdle at one of those islands north of Corfu for a couple of days before checking in.

You will need a crew list to check in (officially from a Schengen area there should be no need, but they will insist. Just go to the PP with the passports and fill it in there.

Technically, you do not need to carry a crew list as the crew changes within Greece, but it is sensible to record the crew in your Log book.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk

One of Chris' predictions coming true already. We would normally launch last week in April but delayed to Saturday May 2 2020, May 1 being a holiday. Saturday launchings now fully booked.

AndrewB

Visit site

... No way round this unless you dawdle at one of those islands north of Corfu for a couple of days before checking in.
Don't count on it! I was in Erikoussa a couple of days ago, and when the harbour master ran off the receipt for my payment, it appeared to have details taken straight from my TEPAI application. So in effect they were checking.

(BTW, a whopping €21 overnight on the wall. Greece ain't cheap).

Last edited:

alexsailor

Visit site

@Chris_Robb
Thank you.
I always fill crew list (at PP). Couple years ago the PP in Patras insisted to fill the crew list. Same in Kalamata (PP in marina).

My concern is if I take my friend and his family for a day swim and if I am stopped by PP- how can I prove that I am not black chartering?
Would their voucher for a hotel in Lefkas do, or not?

I was also considering to stay in Erikoussa for a couple of days to avoid tax.
Certainly not going to Preveza "riva" :)

I guess beside all the necessary documents, you must carry onboard: DEKPA, TEPAI proof of payment, crew list, insurance according to Greek law.
And I do have copies off all those document plus boat and mine documents.

@AndrewB
They are not checking if you are on anchor?

I think the main goal must be to fight for a possibility to pay the tax from date to date.
If this is computer "organised" what difference it makes if you are valid from 21. till 21. next month?

Chris_Robb

Visit site

@Chris_Robb
Thank you.
I always fill crew list (at PP). Couple years ago the PP in Patras insisted to fill the crew list. Same in Kalamata (PP in marina).

My concern is if I take my friend and his family for a day swim and if I am stopped by PP- how can I prove that I am not black chartering?
Would their voucher for a hotel in Lefkas do, or not?

I was also considering to stay in Erikoussa for a couple of days to avoid tax.
Certainly not going to Preveza "riva" :)

I guess beside all the necessary documents, you must carry onboard: DEKPA, TEPAI proof of payment, crew list, insurance according to Greek law.
And I do have copies off all those document plus boat and mine documents.

@AndrewB

I think the main goal must be to fight for a possibility to pay the tax from date to date.
If this is computer "organised" what difference it makes if you are valid from 21. till 21. next month?
Alex. I suggest you READ the FAQS. It is a monthly tax. 1-30th.
Anyone else who has not done so please read. They are pretty good.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk

The coastguard people are increasingly checking boats at anchor and at sea. Our DEKPA was checked in a bay on Patmos last year, we were quizzed in open water off Ikaria in April 2019 and later checked by helicopter! The CA forum today has several reports of random checks in anchorages.

alexsailor

Visit site

@Chris_Robb
I have read the FAQs. Two posts behind I wrote about that.

I just wanted to ask about crew list (maybe not the right thread but still).

Anyway I'll pay the TEPAI for three months then hurry up down to Greece and that's it.
There is no other way. At least I got away last year in Croatia without paying the sojourn tax.

Anyway, thank you for all the effort.

Greece here I come :cool:

@vyv_cox
Well this is annoying.
Hope that they do not mind that I am naked all the time...

daveyw

Visit site

E-TEPAI System. – User Guide. 10th May 2019
Prepared by Christopher Robb – United Kingdom Cruising Association
Note: Tested using Windows 10 and Google Chrome. Other browsers may have different issues.
Note: Might be difficult on a small mobile device – suggest a full size screen is used for the initial registration and set up
https://www.aade.gr/polites/etepai
After the introduction sign in on the APP
https://www1.aade.gr/aadeapps2/etepai/
This opens in a new screen
Select UK Flag for Language.
The Screen now has access to the FAQs and a manual.
FAQs – the old version is here (reported)
Manual – does not link to anything yet (reported)
Login.
There are 2 types – E-TEPAI and a login for TAXISnet users
TEPAI Login.
Select Register for the first time.
clip_image002.png

Press Register to await a confirmation email. This took 18 minutes to come.
When it comes – press HERE on the email – this take you to the login screen

Login using your email address and password AND Passport number.
This takes you to a summary of your registrations – which at this stage is empty. Top right is a button for NEW APPLICATION.
WARNING:
The system as set up uses “Auto Fill”. This will cause major issues as it fills in the wrong fields. So you must check after filling in the address etc that all data entered is correct.
You are require to fill in all fields with a single * and ** and *** as you don’t have a TIN.
Problem fields:
Post Code – will only accept 5 characters – GU273 when it should be GU27 3LZ so I just put that in and have reported the issue – which may be browser related.
Port Of registry. It requires a search to be made – so type in your port of registry – ie Southampton GB. If you give less you may have to hunt through 30 pages. It’s a very bad search program!
Then fill in remaining *, ** and *** items. You can accept the NO default if you are not applying for a 12 months 20% discount.
Unless you are Part 1 registered, you don’t need to put in Gross Registered Tonnage or Tonnage
You then come to 2 blue buttons
clip_image004.png

Liable Persons Information:
Note: persons entered here are Joint and severally Liable. Choose either Owner or Holder/User A Holder or User is a person named on the DEKPA as an alternate person to the owner - the User would be a regular skipper of the boat.
In my case I entered myself as the owner only but I will add my Son as a user later. This has implication re Chartering and by entering a user that should prevent you falling foul of the charter laws.
It appears that you can only enter one liable person – so I entered myself. Google chrome filled in all the address details, but it the website is incorrectly coded and the info goes into all the wrong places – so DOUBLE CHECK ALL FIELDS. It is difficult to check later and it overwrites the Boat name with the Owner name.
Then click on TEPAI info.
Date of entry into Greek waters – this is a Y/N selection – if you are there already click Y
Will the ship remain in Greek Ports all year Y/N - This must be related to the annual discount of 20% you can get if you pay in December each year for the FULL next year. I answered Yes though I will only use 4 months or so fees. The system should automatically calculate the fees and discount in the payment section.
Select the Months of Tax you want by clicking on the month(s). – I did June, July, September, October. I will haul out for July and August so will be automatically out of use. Those in a Marina will need to deposit papers with Port police.
When that’s done – click Green Button at top right Temporary Submitted.
This brings up a summary of your entries including the application number SSR14160200000000619
If all ok Press Red button to “Submit” at top right.
If you have errors they will be listed at the top in red – not always very clear.
Note also that some users have seen an error message here. Re login and you may well see your entry saved. This may be a browser problem.
Under bank details it requires ID type and your passport number.
Once the error have been corrected and you have checked the months and payment total, re submit.

You then get a summary of everything again but now with your registry entry at the bottom. Check this – NOTE that the status is now SUBMITTED you have completed your submission.

NEXT
You will get an email with 2 attachments. Print them boat off or save them as downloads for later. The important thing is the 20 digit reference which you will need for payment.
NEXT
Payment.
I chose to pay using my Barclays on line overseas payments.
Select to pay an amount in EUROS - do NOT let it convert to Euros for you.
You have approx. 120 seconds to complete before your rate expires and you have to refresh rate.
Enter the relevant codes.
Note – it is recommended that you cut and paste all long numbers to avoid error.
 Recipient bank: BNGRGRAA (Bank of Greece)
 IBAN (field 59 of swift): GR1201000230000000481090510
 Remittance information ( field 70 of swift): the 20 numbers (no letters, punctuation and spaces) of TEPAI payment code
Press confirm!
Then check up a day later (up to 4 if over weekend) if your money has been received.
Checking Payment Status:
This is convoluted: There are 2 ways. If you just want to see your status use the first.
Method 1.
Login, Scroll to the bottom and right – click on the Blue edit button
Scroll down again to the bottom and scroll right and a Green Button marked E- Paravolo. Click and the status will come up on screen.
clip_image006.png

Status changes to Paid in Greek. And a date of receipt shows up
Method 2.
Log on, scroll right to the 3 buttons –Edit (Blue) Print (light Blue) or Delete (red)
Click on Print and a pdf file will be displayed/downloaded.
clip_image008.jpg

Either save this to your device remembering where you put it or print it out.
If you cannot print it, you may be able to email it to a friendly person or email to the local Port Police for them to print. You may get away with just showing it on screen.
THIS IS YOUR RECEIPT
Editing your Entry
You cannot do this until your payment is received.
You should be able to log in and select the field. The Authors payment is lost in the Bank of Greece so he cannot test this function.

Go sailing.

Any problems – post them on this thread.

My screen clips dont show on this thread properly
I'm trying to set up payment with Lloyds. They are looking recipients bank address, recipient bank account name and recipient address! Any clues or have I missed something. IBAN is not enough.

daveyw

Visit site

I'm trying to set up payment with Lloyds. They are looking recipients bank address, recipient bank account name and recipient address! Any clues or have I missed something. IBAN is not enough.
Cancel that. Googled IBAN number and it came up with all I need

daveyw

Visit site

So I paid online using the 20 digit reference number but 7 days later, 5 working days, the online form still says "payable" in Greek. Any idea how I chase this up?

JFowler

Visit site

Google Translate is not very good with Greek, so ‘payable’ may actually mean ‘Paid’. If you click on the print icon on your TEPAI form you’ll get a preview in English which may clear up the problem.
ps: my payment by bank transfer took more than 5 working days to show.

Last edited:

Chris_Robb

Visit site

OUT OF USE IN THE WATER.
Be very careful how you request this.
Asking for out of Use in the water cannot be done.
Instead say
"I am applying for exemption from paying the E-TEPAI whilst I am not using my yacht."

You then give them your DEKPA and ships registration papers to keep.

If you don't do this it will be lost in misunderstanding and you will be told you cannot.
Please add this to any Facebook groups adding of course it's advice from the CA.

rib

Visit site

Hi guys,got a problem,cant go from temp stored to submit,unexpected error keeps popping up,even tried three diff browsers .

Chris_Robb

Visit site

Hi guys,got a problem,cant go from temp stored to submit,unexpected error keeps popping up,even tried three diff browsers .
You have entered something wrong. The system is not good at realtime scrutiny of allowed characters. If you copied and pasted anything the control codes might be in their and the update program blocks them unexpected error..

Go back and delete each field. Put on the caps lock and type everything in again.
For port of entry use the first UK port you see.. London.. but select it.

When submitted you should get 2 emails. Go back in and print off the application to pdf file... print button located off right hand side.. so clever to hide it.....