Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA

Irish Rover

Visit site
Re: Tepai entry instructions

From other Kiwi and Aussie sailors who havejust been through the process in Preveza, you can settle the Tepai at Customs while they issue you with the Transit Log. Ours is deposited there at the moment and we will collect and pay as part of our usual process of putting the boat "in use". We will actually be clearing out at the same time, so will be curious to see how that all works out.
Thanks for that. My reading of the faq suggested I would need to have paid before going to Customs but it makes sense it should all be doable at the same time.

Chris_Robb

Visit site

What happens next when my bank send the payment with the CORRECT - IBAN number and 20 digit code - checked numerous times, but payment is returned with message 'incorrect account number'
Any ideas, is there an email address to write to in Greece?
Charles

Well - at least you have had the money back.
Lets look at the The process of payment.
1. We get the TEPAI details after submitting, and printing.

2. We go to our bank on line system an choose to pay them.
Name of Recipient. The Greeks have consistently been asked to clarify this and have not. So I wuld suggest that AADE will work as it did with my second payment.
ENter the IBAN and the name of recipient Bank " Bank of Greece".
Enter the 20 digit no WITHOUT ANYTHING ELSE

I have seen numerous applications made with name of boat added to the 20 digits. That will fail.

So If it passes, you will see the status change.

If it gets rejected:
You should get via your bank a notification of failure and the reason. Followed 2 to 4 days later by the payment by carrier pigeon.

If you dont get a rejection and you payment is not updated, there has been a cockup. Greeks are not good at sorting out cockups.

I believe that the only black hole payments were those sent on the first day or 2 (10th and 13th). Others later appear to have been getting back.

I am waiting for my own payment made on the 10th to come back - AADE has chased them and got the reply that it has been rejected. The Bank says not!

So payment is apparently lost. I am dealing with 4 others.

Actions necessary for a lost payment:
Ring you FE section of the bank, and get them to call back the cash - Cost £20.

Thanks Greece you bunch of halfwits:disgust:

Chris_Robb

Visit site

What is the payee? People who used 'Bank of Greece' or similar have the same experience. Have you used BNGRGRAA? That worked straight off for me.
Otherwise a PM to Chris Robb may work.

If anyone has money lost in the system, send me the following - after PM to me - I will return with email address.
1. Pdf of Bank payment
2. PDF of Current state of e-TEPAI (the one if you press print along side application.

Bloody clever of them to hide the payment status so well - brilliant!
I will see what I can do, But I am currently getting NO responses from the Greeks. I am sorely tempted just to publish all my contact details on here and facebook........ It is very frustrating.

billcole

Visit site

Apologies if this has been answered already...I've looked through and can't see the information I need.

My boat is ashore in Preveza and will not be launched before the DEKPA stamp expires. As I understand it I don't need to register or pay the TEPAI until the boat is in the water but I can't get the DEKPA stamped until the TEPAI is paid.

I'm almost certainly not going to be launching this year, I have the DEKPA, SSR and other documents at home in the UK.

What procedure should I follow ?

Any information or suggestions gratefully received

JonJon

Visit site

By this time next year the Greeks will have thought up some new hoops for yachties to jump through.

Thedreamoneday

Visit site

That’s what happened to me, DEPKA ran out as boat was on the hard, I registered for TEPAI then paid the months I wanted to, took my boat papers, insurance, proof of TEPAI payment and skippers license to PP and asked for a DEPKA (didn’t mention I already had one and wasn’t asked either)

All sorted!

I was told to write a crew list with names and passport details and keep it all together.

Chris_Robb

Visit site

Apologies if this has been answered already...I've looked through and can't see the information I need.

My boat is ashore in Preveza and will not be launched before the DEKPA stamp expires. As I understand it I don't need to register or pay the TEPAI until the boat is in the water but I can't get the DEKPA stamped until the TEPAI is paid.

I'm almost certainly not going to be launching this year, I have the DEKPA, SSR and other documents at home in the UK.

What procedure should I follow ?

Any information or suggestions gratefully received
In theory they should just validate it. But the FAQS do say that the month must be paid before stamping.
I have asked them to clarify this but no response
Dead sheep spring to mind.

TRUNDLETRUC

Visit site

Hooray! Have now paid tax for 3 months. We all owe a lot to Chris Robb for his tenacity and patience. I like to think the RYA might award him something?
A minor problem was what to put in the ships registry BOOK number? I just put in the SSRnumber and then again in the registry number. I put in the boat would be in Greek ports all year, as we will not be wandering elsewhere this year and although the "Receipt" (Print Definitive Application form of eTEPAI) says that I have a 20% discount this is not true!
Couldn't find the boxes to check if I paid until I realised that the grey bar at the bottom of the page scrolled the page across. Silly me!
The bank payment seems to have gone through although the bank (Halifax) insisted on an address for the Recipient (AADE) and the Bank of Greece - I just put in Athens? and it appears to have worked.
Be glad when card payment is possible or you pay at port police and we don't have to pay the bank for the pleasure of using their transfer system.
Thanks again Chris

Chris_Robb

Visit site

Hooray! Have now paid tax for 3 months. We all owe a lot to Chris Robb for his tenacity and patience. I like to think the RYA might award him something?
A minor problem was what to put in the ships registry BOOK number? I just put in the SSRnumber and then again in the registry number. I put in the boat would be in Greek ports all year, as we will not be wandering elsewhere this year and although the "Receipt" (Print Definitive Application form of eTEPAI) says that I have a 20% discount this is not true!
Couldn't find the boxes to check if I paid until I realised that the grey bar at the bottom of the page scrolled the page across. Silly me!
The bank payment seems to have gone through although the bank (Halifax) insisted on an address for the Recipient (AADE) and the Bank of Greece - I just put in Athens? and it appears to have worked.
Be glad when card payment is possible or you pay at port police and we don't have to pay the bank for the pleasure of using their transfer system.
Thanks again Chris

Enjoy you sailing!

vasant

Visit site

i think now its time to see how the tepai will be oserved and controlled.
BEsides people who go for DEKPA is there anyone else that had been controlled somehow?

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk

i think now its time to see how the tepai will be oserved and controlled.
BEsides people who go for DEKPA is there anyone else that had been controlled somehow?

I have been asked by PP at two ports, Chios and Oinoussa, to take my papers in for checking. In each case they asked specifically for my TEPAI receipt. I have spoken to other skippers who report the same in a range of places.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site

yes, I am also told by a friend who's a charter skipper Mykonos , that all those new port police ribs are patrolling checking papers and black charter.

alexsailor

Visit site

Q: If a meet my friend with his family (they will be staying in Lefkas for a week holiday) and If I want to take them for a day swim, should I get new crew list or what?

sailaboutvic

Visit site

Alex other then buying a new DEKPA I never been ask for a crew list and even then the passport was enough
When we have had friend on board we just made sure we typed out there details on a sheet of paper just in case .
Things may change now with the new tax , more check Bein made especially now they cracking down with black charters .

Last edited:

vasant

Visit site

I have been asked by PP at two ports, Chios and Oinoussa, to take my papers in for checking. In each case they asked specifically for my TEPAI receipt. I have spoken to other skippers who report the same in a range of places.

So they just check the paper? they dont have a terminal to verify themselves?

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk

So they just check the paper? they dont have a terminal to verify themselves?

Seems incredible with a system designed from the outset to be on-line but no, it appears they cannot access the information. Due to a mix-up my printed TEPAI was left in another PP office by mistake. I emailed the pdf to the PP in the next office and he printed it for me but could not verify it in any other way.

alexsailor

Visit site

Alex other then buying a new DEKPA I never been ask for a crew list and even then the passport was enough
When we have had friend on board we just made sure we typed out there details on a sheet of paper just in case .
Things may change now with the new tax , more check Bein made especially now they cracking down with black charters .

What kind of details and what kind of paper? Crew list?
Because I alway fill crew list (I sail alone and with my girlfriend and I alway stamp crew list).
But since this hectic TEPAI, DEKPA etc. f%$#&%$ rules I am thinking to buy a portable inkjet printer so I can print all sort of forms... But which ones:)

Let's get back to topic:
TEPAI: I've read FAQ but I am not sure about one thing: in the FAQ from 2.12 and on there is no situation when a boat arrives in Greek Territorial waters three days before the end of the month.
There is a explained situation (FAQ 2.13) when you leave in the first three days of the month- than you are not obliged to pay TEPAI for that month.
But what about arriving in the last three days of the month? Don't tell me that I have to pay 100eur for three days? F*?$ I am gonna have a s. intercourse with that blond PP in military boots.

GREECE, ONCE YOU WERE A FREE COUNTRY!!!