Greece warning

Melody

www.aegeansailingschool.com
We drove from Athens airport to Piraeus yesterday afternoon and there were no signs of anyone queuing at ATMs. A few had one or sometimes two people at them, but that would be normal.

Here's a link to a BBC video made where I live yesterday. It's supposed to be on how the debt crisis is affecting the islands and they filmed it on Aegina!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33323315

Aegina is an island but, in many ways, it's more like a prosperous suburb of Piraeus. We're 40 minutes away by hydrofoil, many people commute to Piraeus for work each day. It's also the playground of the Athenians. 10,000 (mostly middle-class) Athenians come here every weekend and many have holiday/weekend homes here, including Tsipras, Varoufakis, and several other politicians. I don't think what's happening here is representative of what's happening on Greek islands but that is how it is being presented.

The BBC phoned yesterday wanting to also interview us about how we've been affected. Apart from the nuisance of a daily cash limit, the answer is 'Not at all so far ... except we have double the number of US clients this year due to the USD-EUR exchange rate.'

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Just had a quick call from my mate Greek PM Alexis Tsipras and after our little chat and I told him what being said on YBW , he has made fresh offer to international creditors .
You heard it first here , Vic news flash . :)

Last edited:

jordanbasset

Visit site

Borden

Visit site
Just had a quick call from my mate Greek PM Alexis Tsipras and after our little chat and I told him what being said on YBW , he has made fresh offer to international creditors .
You heard it first here , Vic news flash . :)

My mother told me that a good dose of Vic would cure most things.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Angie is being a bit slow responding, have you got her number, I think she speaks English but if not Christine can translate. Am sure a good dose of Vic would get her moving:D

Any more of your lip mate and I stop looking at boats for you :)
Guess who anchored next to us in goeck bay , only that guy who dragged into that boat , and you know what , only dragged again , lucky this time he missed everyone , C says Hi

PS sorry mate must get back to the lounge , it reveting stuff , this greek businesses , there's an reply a minute , everyone must be just sitting in anchorages , I suprose we can't talk so are we ,

Last edited:

NornaBiron

www.flickr.com
ATMs working in Elounda, Crete, no queues, able to withdraw up to daily limit on two UK bankcards. The locals are trying hard to maintain business as usual.