GPS

G

Tome .... explain please ?

Since when did I work for you ?? Interesting post .... you have my attention ....

Please IN PUBLIC POST - I am really interested in your claim about my career change ....

Please please enlighten me and the great wide world ....

G

Come out - what for you ???

There will be no response - as I think your manner is one to only try and create an argument and cater to your warped sense of humour ....

I am content to live my life without rising to your bait ...

G

Re: Tome .... explain please ?

Nigel, if not true (I haven't a clue whether true or not) then the allegations posted on a public forum frequented by many in the marine industry would be libellous unless founded on fact.

Not sure if you noticed, but he has also been having a go at me, trying to imply certain things about me/my photography here . I suspect he may perhaps be having some kind of personal or professional crisis, and I feel sorry. Admittedly, I rattled his cage with a slightly sharp comment, but IMHO he is sailing a bit close to the wind, and at best is showing a lack of professionalism.

G

SimonCr ....

I have stayed quiet for main reason that I do not wish to get into an argument that has no place on this or any other forum.

My original post was based on data and information given to me by GPS manufacturers ... that shadow areas are catered for better by the 12 ch. recvrs against that of the old 8 ch ones. I may have extrapolated further in error and I have no problem with correction public or private when done with due respect and politeness. But I do not see that in any of his responses and now I find him stating something that I have absolutely no knowledge of ... Witness my request for details Publicly ...

I regard it as bad taste that some seem to think they have to make personal attacks to make a point instead of reasonable debate ....

I am sorry that he also has taken it upon himself to attack you - for whatever reason, me - I can live without it - I can also survive in spite of it. I just hope that others read what they read and get value ...... without getting drawn into senseless juvenile squabbles.

We had an interesting debate with difference of opinions - but I consider we stayed reasonable and didn't cause each other grief - why others cannot do it I do not know.

I do not profess to be an expert in any matter - I pass on my comments / information in the spirit of healthy debate and forum ..... I expect to be corrected where wrong, I also expect to be given a little courtesy as I give others no matter right or wrong ....

I know Tome will read this - as I am his target at the moment for what ever reason ... Tome - Maybe the glass you hold in the avatar has more significance in all this than first meets the eye ?? Or am I now guilty of false statement ?

I like BrendanS am appalled by the lack of respect of a few and the vitriolic nature of posts .... maybe it's time that sensible people left the forums to such as Tome to exact their little piece of fame and world ....

I apologise to all - especially SimonCr for using his post in reply - to answer and comment on this unfair and snide thread development ....

Bergman

Visit site
Re: Ignore him ... its his form ...

Think I'm older than both (not added together) and I'm more at home with a beam tetrode than a Kalman filter.

But my money is on Tome.

No disrespect to Nigel of course.

tome

www.google.co.uk

[ QUOTE ]
Them were the days !!!!

Blimey - I'm going back to about '90 .... I actually enjoyed it - but money was crap !! especially when taxed ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's me thinking you were talking about when you were working on MV Pacific when we chartered her from Swires back in the early 90's.

Silly me, I now realise you were just explaining how a thermometer works

G

Got yer .... Western Geophysical ....

Sailed on MV Western Pacific in North Sea conducting Seismic Survey work out of Great Yarmouth.

An error in career move - having left Chevron Tankers after being involved in carrying crude oil out under the noses and missiles of Iran .....
The error was in accepting a post that a promise to sort the tax and salary situation made by Westerns never materialised ... so I went back to missiles and war zone ..... with Chevron .... actually to be my last Shipping Company before taking up full-time Marine Surveying ..... up until then had only been part-time inbetween ships etc. as free-lance.

As to knowing Tome - never met or knew him ... but now that the mention has been made - as I asked - we had a communication exchange about Western some time ago ... which I had forgotten about..... BUT I can assure all that I NEVER WORKED FOR TOME !!!! Blimey that would have been a career move !!! We happened to work in same arena at similar time ... different departments .....

tome

www.google.co.uk
Re: Got yer .... Western Geophysical ....

Well [--word removed--] me, I thought i was having a blond moment

I never implied for one minute that you hadn't made an error, sorry if it came across like this. Just that you'd worked for us briefly. Which you've now confirmed.

Note I said working for US not ME, this is the sort of detail you need to be aware of really. Survey now, is it? Mmm.

tome

www.google.co.uk

You seem to be welling up a bit under the eyes, let it go man. Here's a good site which helps with this sort of upsetting experience.

G

No, just don't suffer fools gladly!

poter

Still going south currently in Corsica for winter
www.fairhead.com
Re: Tome .... your attitude - is it really necessary?

Tome

[ QUOTE ]
More rubbish Nigel, do try to get a grip!

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's some prize bollux being talked on this thread

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What bloody planet are you from? I've never heard such drivel. And you obviously mis-undertsand the context of Dopplers in signal processing.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Only those talking bollox like yourself Nigel, if you don't know what you're talking about then it would help everyone if you were a little more economical about giving out advice.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nigel loves sounding off, and this is typical of the rubbish he posts. In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king, but it annoys me that he is willing to spout utter rubbish in reply to genuine questions

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mikebees, you're rather easily impressed aren't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought that you were normal guy.... but from your replies above you are definitely not a gentleman, unless of course an apology is forthcoming to the recipients of your vitriol & to the forum in general!

poter

tome

www.google.co.uk

[ QUOTE ]
vitriol

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely the word you're groping for is acerbic?

G

Us .... ?? Considering that my boss was German and that I have absolutely no recollection of anyone even remotely resembling you - I shall maintain my distance from you ...

We had a discussion about Western previously is true, but in fact I have an idea that we may have been talking slightly different periods ... no matter as I do not think you were anything to do with the Marine Department of Western ... which looked after "Boat-drivers" like me ...

With Westerns - I resigned after a short trip - having been asked to return to Chevron - they made investigation as to my whereabouts - they strongly requested my appointment to a vessel for Arabian Gulf Shuttle work ... they called me on the Western vessel during a shoot in the North Sea ...

I do not like the implied content of your posts - I do not like the perception that you are creating...

I can accept genuine criticism / correction when given in reasonable manner - but just trying to score points of another and in such manner is not worth the recognition. I would have been quite happy to debate my post / comments and open for correction .... but you chose to ridicule.

Oh by the way .... I don't know what point you hope to score with the "Survey now, is it?" but having been a leading Surveyor on behalf of Saudi Govt and Sabic, Manager of 2 Marine Survey Company's, JV Director of another 2, Owner Director of another 3 and also Owner / Director of my own Petro-Chemical Laboratory including its own Survey Staff as well .... I really am at a loss as to what point you are trying to make ? Not only that - but the company's I was manager / director with were world leading company's at top of the profession. I may not be the best Surveyor - as we are all learning still - but I still held those positions and it was MY decision in each case to change company / location etc.

Sad ......

tome

www.google.co.uk

So your rather lengthy post is to say that, yes, you did indeed work for us? I can well understand that you regret it - you came in at a time when we were sadly deluged with applicants from a failing home marine industry, and yes our German superintendents could be a little uncaring at times.

Still, onwards and upwards, eh?

tome

www.google.co.uk

Poter, ta for the education. Not guily to vitriol, I'll plea bargain on acerbic

acerbic \uh-SUR-bik\, adjective:
Sharp, biting, or acid in temper, expression, or tone

Moonfish

Visit site

Its a bitch when you get down to the low dose patches /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif