Got the new DEKPA today in Preveza

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Richard I wouldn't read too much what said here , I heard from our French friend who seen to know the boat involved and we told it was nothing like the 5k that being reported here and there lots more to the story and that the boat had insurance .so there you go that's two story's already I guess we hear more soon .
A boat on the quay I was talking to last week in Prezeva said he couldn't get a DEKPA as they run out , once again I personally don't know if that's the case , we got our in March .

I was in Kanonis yard when the boat was brought in .What the owners reported to us is what I wrote above. Obviously what I know from the owners mouth might be wrong and your friend of the owner could be right. and as you will see in my post there's a ? Mark about insurance.

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I was in Kanonis yard when the boat was brought in .What the owners reported to us is what I wrote above. Obviously what I know from the owners mouth might be wrong and your friend of the owner could be right. and as you will see in my post there's a ? Mark about insurance.
rtboss
I not disputing what you was told ,
Not sure why you have a ? When the guy told you he was fined for not having any .
Oh by the way , A Dutch guy told me last week , was fined 900 euros for dropping a paper in the water .
There goes another romour, it be 1.5 K by next week .

Last edited:

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
rtboss
I not disputing what you was told ,
Not sure why you have a ? When the guy told you he was fined for not having any .
Oh by the way , A Dutch guy told me last week , was fined 900 euros for dropping a paper in the water .
There goes another romour, it be 1.5 K by next week .

Obviously it not just being dyslexic then.
Please yourself what you believe it of little interest to me .
My problem is, I still have not got a Dekpa without a ICC which is my biggest concern .

And perhaps the CA in their wisdom might mention it to the Greek minister that they have not signed article/reg. 40 so why ask for a ICC.

Last edited:

jordanbasset

Visit site
2. We do not have an answer to this yet in total - the Greeks wont answer it::
The new DEKPA must be stamped every year on the same date. It is required that it is continuously renewed with NO lapses.

If you are NOT present you have to use an Agent, or your countries Maritime Attache to do this. (can you see the British Embassy helping - what a laugh). If submitted by an agent all documents supporting must be original or notarised.

We were told it can be renewed before the date, just not after the 12 months from first issue/stamp.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Obviously it not just being dyslexic then.
Please yourself what you believe it of little interest to me .
My problem is, I still have not got a Dekpa without a ICC which is my biggest concern .

And perhaps the CA in their wisdom might mention it to the Greek minister that they have not signed article/reg. 40 so why ask for a ICC.

There a very simple way of getting a DEKPA without an ICC .
But my Dyslexic is stopping me from explaining it ,
maybe someone else know how .

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
With your attitude I wouldn't bother to give you the time of day.

Richard

I have been on this forum since its conception giving advice and help to numurios people ,good deals in yards,where to find decent workmen , I have 5 moorings available to help in emergency's .
And I've got an attitude problem.
All because a French boat and crew came into a yard that I have an interest in,Then when I am told by them in French which I don't under stand he had been fined 5000euro ,someone up in Ionian who knows a friend of a friend that knows better and I am effectively misleading the forum.

By the way I have a watch ,but not an ICC.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I have been on this forum since its conception giving advice and help to numurios people ,good deals in yards,where to find decent workmen , I have 5 moorings available to help in emergency's .
And I've got an attitude problem.
All because a French boat and crew came into a yard that I have an interest in,Then when I am told by them in French which I don't under stand he had been fined 5000euro ,someone up in Ionian who knows a friend of a friend that knows better and I am effectively misleading the forum.

By the way I have a watch ,but not an ICC.

It not a friend of a friend , but his friend who known him for a lot more his then the five mins you known him .
You report he has no insurance (? Make or not ),
so unless you know the full fact before reporting stuff here and getting people up in arms .
this isn't the first time you report stuff here without getting the full facts .
Has for you're problem .
If as you say you have commercial ticket by the MCA you shouldn't have any problem using that to get you DEKPA .
maybe if you wasn't so rude the PP would be more help full .
There is a way of getting an DEKPA without a ICC which is legal , but as you seen to know so much I let you find out .
As for your mooring we won't go there .
I also been here for a lot of years and also helped a lot of people not only with info ,
but my help is normally free .
Have a good day Bob .

Last edited:

jimbaerselman

www.jimbsail.info
Greece accepts national qualifications and the ICC. However, Greek PP staff don't have lists of the relevant leisure qualifications and the types of leisure boat they apply to. They rely on interpretation . . .

If you're going to produce non-European qualifications, it'll save hassle and delay if you carry an interpretion into Greek of the important phrases.

for guidance about all forms of personal paperwork needed when touring Europe, see http://www.jimbsail.info/going-foreign/docs-and-VAT#Personal%20Papers

Boat and other paperwork is covered on the same page.

JimB

Last edited:

DaiB

Visit site
Went into the PP yesterday at Skopolos to get my new DEKPA. They stamped my old one and said that's Ok for another year. I asked if I could buy a new one and they said, no, no need, get one next year.

Tony Cross

Visit site
Went into the PP yesterday at Skopolos to get my new DEKPA. They stamped my old one and said that's Ok for another year. I asked if I could buy a new one and they said, no, no need, get one next year.

I'm afraid they are wrong and if you haven't got a new one by September this year you run the very real risk of being fined. I would try again somewhere else.