Good youtuber

FlyingGoose

Visit site
It's all rude and it's all personal, some people just think it's acceptable to hide behind passive aggressive comments about other people's preferences. I simply pointed out how rude and aggressive your own comments were towards those of us who do things differently. If you think you're completely friendly here then you really need to have a closer look at your own posts.
Im sorry to point this out , well I'm not really but you have totally contradicted yourself , you have liked a comment directed at me which was passive aggressive, about my preference,
if you want to stand by an opinion , stand by it, do not flit between your own perception of what posts are saying , and use this thread to be your own and certain others little secret club, no one has been rude or aggressive , they are merely having an opinion.. and those attempting to stop an opinion are no better than those they accuse.

NormanB

Visit site
Thats very helpful off you, but we as human's have this ability of free thought ,and free speech, and self determination, I stated he was to mad for me , I made no reference to you or others , this is a forum were we are allowed our opinions,
I stand by my post , he is to mad for me , not for you great ,np. you were not mentioned , alas you fell into your own trap of having an opinion , having a dig at at fellow formite , and having nothing to do with the post. I salute you in you ability to do so .
Now if you have nothing better to say , toodle off there's a good chap.
P,S I do not need acclamation or little tick boxes on a you tube channel , I am perfectly comfortable in my own skin and opinions to formulate them to be a gentleman , I can give you some tips . or maybe we can make a youtube video about it
I was not having a dig per se, just challenging your opinion. Is that a proscribed activity?

Not sure if you composed the above in a hurry but it is very difficult to read.

richardsn9

Visit site
I wasn't trying to denigrate it I just think it's a wonderful way to get that worklife balance.

My own favorites are Patrick Laine and Sail Life where Mads is doing the most fantastic rebuild on a warrior 38. 4 years of perfectionism going into that boat. Probably another two to go .
I agree with both of the above choices. Could I recommend Sailing Cadoha, they are an engaging couple, with some really well produced content? The thing I like is that they are based in the Solent and cruise there and West Country, so come over as much more real life than those in the Caribbean.

lustyd

Visit site
If you're referring to NormanB's post then I absolutely stand by it and don't think it's passive aggressive at all. I agreed with that he said, I still agree with his reaction, I had nothing to add to it.

Whether you like the person on YouTube or not, your wording of "pull him aside and have words" suggested you felt a need to "correct" his behaviour. Norman quite rightly pointed out that He's free to behave however he likes on his own channel and you're free not to watch, or to watch and learn from other people who live differently to yourself.

FlyingGoose

Visit site
If you're referring to NormanB's post then I absolutely stand by it and don't think it's passive aggressive at all. I agreed with that he said, I still agree with his reaction, I had nothing to add to it.

Whether you like the person on YouTube or not, your wording of "pull him aside and have words" suggested you felt a need to "correct" his behaviour. Norman quite rightly pointed out that He's free to behave however he likes on his own channel and you're free not to watch, or to watch and learn from other people who live differently to yourself.
Can you contradict yourself anymore, I Watched his videos and found them to mad for me. !! the only way I can comment on his videos is to watch them and make my mind up , I did this after several attempts , he can behave like a mass murdered for all I care I am still allowed to critique it in a mild funny way , you see what I said there mild /funny ;)
You also have critiqued many on this thread but you still read them . can you please as I am confused , what is the difference, ?:rolleyes:
I have a though , there is no difference it is your opinion and no one else is allowed to comment, syndrome .
Might be wrong but thats an opinion

steveeasy

Visit site
Mads. Can't knock his determination and attention to detail but each time he gets on a boat he's sick as a dog. Can't wait for him to untie his lines.
CADOHA Let's see where this goes shall we. Dog spends most of its time with its legs crossed while Doms flying his drone. By the way you can become a patron! !!.

Billy bucking ray is my favorate. New film every day and superchat. He does free work for something to film he makes so much dosh. These guys if they ran their own business's they would make a fortune their so good at it.oh they do though don't they!!.

Beneteau381

Visit site
These two YouTubers are really good to watch
* How to Sail Oceans
* Adventures of an old Seadog
There are a number of people who are trying to make a living by making sailing videos on YouTube and I wish them all the best and I hope they make good money to carry on making videos.
Old Seadog is superb!

steve yates

Visit site
You might have looked at these people? If not check it out:

They come across as pretty straight. A very ordinary 6 grand boat, had some crappy luck like 4 months locked down near Paris, yet still smiling and now sailing the South of France.

I applaud what they are doing, but I cant watch it, though I have tried. It's just his voice, and way of speaking, really grates on me.

lustyd

Visit site
I applaud what they are doing, but I cant watch it, though I have tried. It's just his voice, and way of speaking, really grates on me.
I find that with quite a few channels. The content seems great but there's just something that makes it hard to watch. As our various freedoms are removed this year though I find myself going back and trying harder to fight off the boredom. My main worry is that eventually I'll run out of YouTube content to watch and will have nothing left to do but plan a revolution...

lustyd

Visit site
Can you contradict yourself anymore, I Watched his videos and found them to mad for me. !! the only way I can comment on his videos is to watch them and make my mind up , I did this after several attempts , he can behave like a mass murdered for all I care I am still allowed to critique it in a mild funny way , you see what I said there mild /funny ;)
You also have critiqued many on this thread but you still read them . can you please as I am confused , what is the difference, ?:rolleyes:
I have a though , there is no difference it is your opinion and no one else is allowed to comment, syndrome .
Might be wrong but thats an opinion
yes, yes, but what YouTube Channel is all that on?

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
There is some great stuff to watch all though some bore me with the continued requests to like and share so they get more money.
Steveeasy
The 'subscribe' button is very important to them as you need to get 100 likes just to be allowed a name... At 1000 subscribers you start to make a very very small amount of money out of the channel via advertising... More importantly YouTube pushes the channels that have the most subscribers... I confess at the end of all my pilotage videos I make a plea for the viewer to press the subscribe button... Have a look at my Sailing into Le Havre which I published yesterday to go with sailing into Boulogne, Cherbourg, Dieppe and Fecamp joins next weekend...

beermonkey

Visit site
Same here, I watched all of this guy's videos. Sam Holmes is watchable as is Delos and Ran sailing.
There does seem to be a predictable trend now; Beer, babes, boobs, bikinis, beaches, bored of your mates, baby on the way, sailing with a baby, bored, boring, bland.

38mess

Visit site
There does seem to be a predictable trend now; Beer, babes, boobs, bikinis, beaches, bored of your mates, baby on the way, sailing with a baby, bored, boring, bland.
Babies tend to happen as you get older. But yes, sailing with a baby is boring and must be hard for the guys doing it. There must be a point where they put the kid first and sell up so the kid can have friends

lustyd

Visit site
They push channels with good retention, subscriber numbers are less important than you may think and the like button may not even be included in the algorithm

beermonkey

Visit site
Babies tend to happen as you get older. But yes, sailing with a baby is boring and must be hard for the guys doing it. There must be a point where they put the kid first and sell up so the kid can have friends
I think there's more to it than just getting older....

Yes though, there are only so many "Boats with Babies" channels one can take. It does seem though, that all of the other 'young couples' will inevitably head down the same road as they seem to get stuck in a loop of Income=Patreon=videos=YouTube=Boobs+Bikinis

38mess

Visit site
I think there's more to it than just getting older....

Yes though, there are only so many "Boats with Babies" channels one can take. It does seem though, that all of the other 'young couples' will inevitably head down the same road as they seem to get stuck in a loop of Income=Patreon=videos=YouTube=Boobs+Bikinis
It's in their interests to keep going, I read somewhere that sv Delos are making 56k US dollars per month of YouTube. I like Brian and have spoken to him personally, he's a very capable guy.

Blue Sunray

Visit site
The 'subscribe' button is very important to them as you need to get 100 likes just to be allowed a name... At 1000 subscribers you start to make a very very small amount of money out of the channel via advertising... More importantly YouTube pushes the channels that have the most subscribers... I confess at the end of all my pilotage videos I make a plea for the viewer to press the subscribe button... Have a look at my Sailing into Le Havre which I published yesterday to go with sailing into Boulogne, Cherbourg, Dieppe and Fecamp joins next weekend...

Please keep going.

Other threads that may be of interest