Golden Globe Race

savageseadog

Visit site
Coming very late on this but I think the non GPS rule is pretty silly if you ask me. The race itself is challenge enough without the added navigational nonsense,

Frank Holden

Visit site
Coming very late on this but I think the non GPS rule is pretty silly if you ask me. The race itself is challenge enough without the added navigational nonsense,

Likewise the access to decent weather info.... if they had access to that then no need for an outsider.. Bob McLeod in Stanley, FI, in the case of Uku... to give you weather rooting advice...

Mark-1

Visit site

I agree. Feels to me like the intention was to create a low tech 'stripped down self sufficient' event like the original race. The unintended consequence is that the committee have ended up micro managing the competitors which is far less in keeping with the original race than letting the competitors use a better way to work out where they are. (...and in this context the 'betterness' isn't much of an advantage anyway.)

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
I've been saying this all along, old hulls using modern technology apart from modern navigation and weather. All a bit of a farce really and does not prove anything.