Gludys Real New Boat

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Well, after all my questions, all the threads etc, I am now in the final stages of purchasing my new boat. Its a Fairline Squadron 59 - just had its survey and awaiting its engine.equipment survey cum sea trial.

Without doubt the Cara Marine is a better boat - just could not stretch to the price for one. So I shall content myself with what seems a very nice boat anyway.

I am going to have a stern thruster fitted because I accept that big boats are difficult enough to handle in windy marina's when at slow, crawl speed and anything that eases the problem has to be welcomed.

Anyway, just thought I would let eberyone know and to thank you for all the threads that have helped me decide on what to get.

Paul

Renegade_Master

Visit site
"I am going to have a stern thruster fitted" stand back and wait for all the machos to respond to that one matey.

(Actually stern thruster in another context would be worrying phrase come to think of it)

Piccies Gludy as soon as you can well done on your new boat

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.suncoastmarine.co.uk>Sun Coast Sea School & Charter</A>

DepSol

Visit site
Well done Paul. Look forward to seeing the pics. When do you reckon you will get delivery?

Dom

2003 is going to be a good year for me

BrendanS

Visit site
I hope that doesn't mean no more debates on benefits of jets!! Got to give this crowd something to get wound up about every so often ;)

Congrats, hope you have many hours of fun in her

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Thanks - there is no doubt whatsoever that the jets on the Cara beat everything is site - in every way - only old reactionaries would argue otherwise. Having said that they say a leopard never changes it spots:)

Paul

Bejasus

Visit site
See you in Yarmouth IOW on 10th May then. Dom needs a lift/berth............./forums/images/icons/wink.gif
Maybe we could fish for mullet on fly together........../forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/h00>http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/h00</A>

DepSol

Visit site
Lets hope its not blowing a northerly then otherwise I may end up going home earlier than expected.

Dom

2003 is going to be a good year for me

coliholic

Visit site
Congrats on the new boat Gludy, beautiful IMHO.

Are you going to fit jets in it? Would be a first I think and am sure you could persuade the manufacturer to donate the bits as a test bed?

Now THAT would be something - the first jet Squadron.

lanason

Visit site
I spent far too long sat on and admiring the Squaddie at LBS - cor lovely it was too.

Well done indeed hell of a boat - Welcome the to the Fairline Owners club !!

Adrian
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/kelisha>More Pics of Kelisha</A> /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

jfm

Visit site
hull #

I meant the consecutive build number. I guess they have only made about 30 Sq59s, so I mean a number 1-30 ish. Reason is, I might be able to send you pictures of it in build :)

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
"Congrats and well done Gludy! Much nicer than a Cara imho! (Much prettier, anyway). What hull number is it?"

Just found hull number - its 68.

After a lot of messing about, its all going ahead now and I shall have it in about a week then its out of the water to do a few seacocks, stern thruster and upgraded bow thruster - this thing will really go sideways!!!

Also having the chart and radar upgraded - so a few weeks of work and then wait for a weather gap to get her back to Swansea.

I can spend the few weeks, getting her all spruced up, polished etc.

She is not that fast with just 2 . 600hp TAMD122p's, 20kv generator - trials had a her top at 25/26 knots, cruise 21 knots but she will be fairly economic and will do me until I can afford the Cara.

She has only done 260 hours and because of that small amount of use, I had a full engine.equipment survey. This showed a number of small things that can all be put right but was well worth doing. The hull survey rated the hull first class.

She has lots of goodies to play with like a weatherfax machine, 6 way intercom etc. She has a ship to shore telephone - not sure how you use that yet and it seems a very expensive option to a mobile phone.

Anyway getting a new boat is always exciting, we are all little boys at heart.

Its only about 18 months since I bought my first boat, so I must have this bug real bad.

<hr width=100% size=1>Paul

jfm

Visit site
Congrats Gludy, hope all goes well. I have several digi photos of the first dozen 59s in various stages of build, from factory visits 2 years ago, but not hull 68. If I had 68 I could have emailed the pics to you. Number 68 must be quite new, late 2001 I'd guess or maybe 2002, right? Hope all goes well.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Other threads that may be of interest