Glazebrook

Andrew_Nelson

Visit site
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of The Inshore Passage by Glazebrook

I think it has been out of print for 30 years

It is a pilot for Anglesey and the Menai Straights.

NigeCh

Visit site
Re: Glazebrook\'s Anglesea Pilot

It's printed in full in "Cruising Anglesea and the North Wales Coast" 5th Edition, Ralph Morris, 1996. That edition is now superseded by the 6th Edition, which from memory does not include Glazebrooks per se, but includes everything relevent from it.

The URL for more info is:

http://www.nwvyc.org.uk/pilot/index.htm

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Glazebrook on CD-ROM?

A few years ago I had the bright idea of reissuing the Glazebrook Pilot in its almost original state. I have a fully scanned version of the text, all converted to metric and with the current buoyage, plus all the sketch maps converted to metric and with all land coloured. It was a great deal of effort but very enjoyable. Truly a remarkable achievement by Glazebrook, all done from a small sailing dinghy.

NWVYC were not interested in publishing it as it was in direct competition with their pilot, an understandable standpoint. I looked into publishing it myself but didn't think the printing costs would be recoverable. There are no copyright issues, as it was originally printed in YM and I have a letter from them waiving any rights. However, I still have the results of my work and it occurs to me that it might have some value issued on CD-ROM, which I could produce at much lower cost. What is the market for such a product? Any thoughts welcome.

Andrew_Nelson

Visit site
Re: Glazebrook on CD-ROM?

Hi again

Did you get my suggestion about publishing it yourself - home made CD selling for 15-20 pounds

I would certainly be interested to buy a copy.

Andrew