Gas fittings?

Falcoron

Visit site
Hi, Could anyone help with this question please?
I have made a new gas locker to fit a 6kg propane bottle, the original gas pipe that feeds to my new cooker is 3/8"
If you look at my drawing i am trying to do this and get a fitting will let me put a shut off valve on the original 3/8 pipe and then onto an 8mm 0r 10mm bulkhead fitting (I have both sizes) and these then have rubber hose to bubble leak detector then again onto the regulator ( marine type)

Any suggestions?

Also was told that all gas compression fittings must be copper olives not brass, but the bubble tester ( from ASAP) has brass olives?

once completed i will also have a pilot gas leak detector on cooker side and at the shut off side fittings.
and will get tested and certified by a gas safe fitter.

Thanks

Attachments

• gas.jpg
    gas.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Falcoron

Visit site
You may find this useful, and as you say you will need a gas safely certificate
Boat LPG Gas Installation Guide
Thanks, i will be doing all to that standard but adding an additional safety Bubble leak detector as well and a pilot gas leak detection device too.
My only issue is getting a 3/8" fitting to fit onto the older pipe and then connect to either a shut of valve or straight to the bulkhead fitting which will be 8 or 10mm i cant seem to get anything that goes from imperial to metric that size.