Galley double sink waste

mrangry

Visit site
I am looking to replace the current bodge on a double galley sink. It consists of a pvc household double sink waste kit which leaks badly and thinking I would simplify it using a 38 mm Y piece and lengths of 38 mm butyl sanitary hose I had left from refitting the heads. The issue I have is attaching the 38 mm hose to the drain fitting on each of the sinks. I have tried heating the end of the hose to stretch and clamp it onto the threaded end of the drain fitting but to no avail. Has anyone got any ideas or recommend any fitting that I can buy on the high street tomorrow?

Ian_Edwards

Visit site
If you Google 1.25", 1 (one and quarter inch) BSP to 38mm hose connector, you'll find a range of options.
Take care sinks are 1.25" (38mm)BSP, bath and kitchen sinks are often 1.5" (40mm) BSP.
You'll probably get some thing at B&Q/Screwfix or a local plumbers merchant.

Refueler

Visit site
This hose malarky drives me nuts at times .....

I have 4 bilge pumps - same rating - same design - same brand .... 3 are one hose size - 1 is different. Guess which one needed replacement other day ? So naturally took one of the new (2 of the 3 are spares) ..... wrong hose size !

When I fitted that useless Sureflo other day ... same crap ! Different hose size ...

Repairing two inflatables .... and trying with a 3rd ... ALL 3 have different size hose connections to inflate ...