fuel gauge sender

chrisarvor

Visit site
i have just replaced my fuel sender it a Quicksilver.
i fitted the same model although i had to shape the float and arm. a stupid design and it has only lasted 2 months before playing up does anybody know of a better design sender to replace this one.
i would have thought there is a sliding float rather than arm thats sloshed around in rough weather.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Talbot

Visit site
Talk to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tek-tanks.com/Pages/frameset.htm>TekTanks</A>, they have a number of different designs, featuring both electrical and mechanical units:
Fuel_Sender.jpg
Fozmula.jpg

Personally, I have one of their custom fuel tanks, and I only have to look at it to be able to see how much fuel I have

<hr width=100% size=1>

boatmike

Visit site
Have these fitted to three water tanks and fuel tank. Excellent. Very reliable and accurate

<hr width=100% size=1>

Stork_III

Visit site
Hope you don't have the one pictured ( S2 type) as a water sender. Its not designed for water and will corrode. You need the W2 type, all ABS. Ther'e American, by WEMA.

Had the S2 type fitted on my Hallberg, from new, in the water tank. Never worked, when removed, corroded to death. Email to HR in complaint on a 9 year old boat, brought a free replacement response. As already replaced, got goodies to the value, much more actually.

Tektanks were very helpful, in providing advice and replacement sender. I can thoroughly recommend them.

<hr width=100% size=1>

boatmike

Visit site
Noooo.... I have the ones designed for fuel in my fuel tank and those designed specifically for water in my water tank........ But then my boat was built by a top class builder...... Me!

<hr width=100% size=1>

johnneale

Visit site
I used a cavalier fuel gauge sender from a breakers yard & bent the arm for the correct depth of the tank - works fine & cost £2

<hr width=100% size=1>