? From The Horses’ Mouth Heathrow and Gatwick - Latest On Travel ?

greeny

Visit site
Friends of ours who are fully UK based have just been turned away and sent home from Barbados holiday. They arrived in Barbados and were immediately refused entry and fortunately there was a return flight for them leaving in 2 hours (the plane they went on). Otherwise they were heading for government quarantine in a hotel at their own expense.
The reason being? They'd visited Portugal to see Grandpa and Grandma the week before and it seems Portugal is "no go" for Barbados. It's a minefield for international travel at the moment.

nortada

Visit site
Friends of ours who are fully UK based have just been turned away and sent home from Barbados holiday. They arrived in Barbados and were immediately refused entry and fortunately there was a return flight for them leaving in 2 hours (the plane they went on). Otherwise they were heading for government quarantine in a hotel at their own expense.
The reason being? They'd visited Portugal to see Grandpa and Grandma the week before and it seems Portugal is "no go" for Barbados. It's a minefield for international travel at the moment.
Thanks for this.

The more experience we can share the easier it will become to travel.

Unfortunately the requirements appear to change regularly. I anticipate this can only get worse with the approach of winter.

Before flying, I intend to email the carrier to confirm our Covid status and request advice on current rules that will be applied.

Last edited:

Barbaria

Visit site

You cannot trust a news article to have the correct information.
I already see that they are missing the dPLF form for travel to Italy (among others).
Nobody checked my PCR test in my recent travel to Germany nor Italy.
However some dude in the German airport had it in his head that I needed a PCR test to go to Sweden, that was of course wrong as I have Swedish citizenship. I showed him the rules, but like automated vacuum cleaner he was not able to receive information input.

So, have the antigen test done if you need it or not.
Some country’s don’t even accept if you took different jabs, UK is one of those I believe. Go figure!