Fridge woes hopefully solved.

geem

Visit site
You have saved me writing up the whole bit 😉 but nailed it. As you say, filters are quite cheap but fitting the quick connects and faffing with filling with gas etc would I suppose excuse the mark up. Ice in the system is one of the causes but only if someone has "opened" the system recently to check or fill. Otherwise its debris and my slight concern would be where has it come from? Its not corrosion, the shstem is sealed and full of an inert gas, so is it dessicant from an existing filter or something more onimous as in worn metal bits from normal wear and tear? The new filter will deal with bits for a while though
We carry a vacuum pump and spare gas🙂

geem

Visit site
Golly! And I thought we carried lots of spares.

I’ll see your vacuum pump and raise you a jigsaw and router.
Jigsaw, router, cordless drills x2, 220v drill, electric plane, electric belt sander, palm sander, 1/4 sheet sander, dremel, cordless dremel, full, size vacuum cleaner, circular saw, grinder and some🙂

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
Jigsaw, router, cordless drills x2, 220v drill, electric plane, electric belt sander, palm sander, 1/4 sheet sander, dremel, cordless dremel, full, size vacuum cleaner, circular saw, grinder and some🙂
If only ! I’ve not got a belt sander on board nor a 220 drill (what’s the point when I’ve got a Makita 18 v battery drill) but I’ve got a choice of torque wrenches and a rattle gun. No power plane either. But I’ve got a hydraulic crimper plus all sorts of electrical stuff. Got the Dremel and a Dyson vacuum cleaner as well.

Last edited:

geem

Visit site
We have two Makita drills but the big 220v drill was the only thing to cut 4" diameter holes through 1 1/2" thick bulkheads to install ventilation for the new lithium battery box

geem

Visit site
If only ! I’ve not got a belt sander on board nor a 220 drill (what’s the point when I’ve got a Makita 18 v battery drill) but I’ve got a choice of torque wrenches and a rattle gun. No power plane either. But I’ve got a hydraulic crimper plus all sorts of electrical stuff. Got the Dremel and a Dyson vacuum cleaner as well.
I could have done with your crimper a month ago when I was making up new battery leads!

James_Calvert

Visit site
A lump hammer migrated on board in support of a wet liner resealing exercise. Proved useful ever since. Not everything needs lecky..