Fridge thermostat

richardh10

Visit site
Might be helpful if you described what's happening ?

Apologies, I've got a dodgy internet connection so haven't been able to get back sooner.
I bypassed the thermostat, and the fridge worked fine for a while it then stopped working again. I thought that it might be low batteries, so I charged them up, and again it worked fine for a while, but now has stopped working once more. The compressor will run for as long as I leave it connected on the control panel but the plate in the fridge doesn't get cold
Any ideas?!
Also, I don't know if it's relevant, but I'm in Panama, and it's hot.

Last edited:

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Apologies, I've got a dodgy internet connection so haven't been able to get back sooner.
I bypassed the thermostat, and the fridge worked fine for a while it then stopped working again. I thought that it might be low batteries, so I charged them up, and again it worked fine for a while, but now has stopped working once more. The compressor will run for as long as I leave it connected on the control panel but the plate in the fridge doesn't get cold
Any ideas?!
Also, I don't know if it's relevant, but I'm in Panama, and it's hot.

No need to apologise Richard (y)if the compressor is running but the plate doesn't get cold, it is almost certain that the fridge is out of gas, this obviously means a leak. I'd suggest that you don't run it until you get it looked at.

Lone_viper

Visit site
Old thread I know but found it useful so far. I have a older isotherm BD35F based kit on my boat.

I have a thermostat issue I think, but it’s odd.
Fridge seems to run, but the higher it’s turned up the less the compressor runs and using an external sensor the warmer the fridge is…

If the thermostat is set to about 5 it seems to run ok getting done to about 5 degrees. However if it’s turned ‘up’ to 7 (max) then it seems to make the compressor run less and therefore it warms up….

Is this possibly a faulty thermostat? I may well try and fit an electronic one anyway, if I can figure out how.